Are you suffering from Netflix audio out of sync issue? Don’t worry. Although it’s incredibly frustrating, you’re definitely not the only person to experience this problem. Thousands of users have recently reported the very same issue. More importantly, you should be able to fix it pretty easily…
Fixes to try
Here’s a list of fixes that have resolved this problem for other users. You don’t have to try them all. Just work your way through the list until you find the one that does the trick for you.
- Try some easy troubleshooting tips first
- Check your connection speed
- Disable hardware acceleration in your browser
- Update your drivers
There are many things that may trigger Netflix audio out of sync issue. So when you encounter Netflix audio out of sync issue on your PC, try the following easy troubleshooting tips first:
- Try playing another TV show or movie
If this issue disappears in another TV show, it may suggest that there is an issue with that single content. In that case, you can report this problem to Netflix. You can go to the Viewing Activity page and click the Report a Problem link next to the title that has the audio out of sync issue.
If the same issue appears in another Netflix TV show, try the next tip to troubleshoot this issue.
- Try playing a video from YouTube
See if the audio out of sync issue appears when you play a video from YouTube. If this issue disappears, most likely this issue has something to do with your connection speed to Netflix server. You can refer to Fix 2 to check your connection speed.
If your network condition is fine and the same issue appears when you play a video from YouTube, this issue is probably triggered by your browser.
- Try playing the same video using another browser
If possible, try playing the same video using another browser. If this issue is gone, the audio out of sync issue may be caused by your browser. In this case, you can refer to Fix 3.
If the audio out of sync issue persists in another browser, try the next tip.
- Try playing a video from your local disk drive
If the audio out of sync issue persists when you play a video from your local disk drive, maybe it is a driver issue. You can refer to Fix 4 to update your drivers.
- Try reinstalling the Netflix app
If you’re watching TV shows or movies in the Netflix app on your Windows 10 PC, you can try reinstalling the Netflix app to see if you can resolve this issue.
You may run into Netflix audio out of sync issue if your network condition is not good. To check your connection speed, you can click here to test your connection speed.
If your download speed is slower then usual, you can refer to the article: How to fix the Netflix slow issue for more advice.
If your download speed is fine but this issue appears, try the next fix.
Enabling hardware acceleration allows your browser to rely on the GPU, not solely the CPU to render web pages. In the most cases, it will speed things up. But sometimes hardware acceleration can bring about unexpected issues. So, try disabling hardware acceleration on your browser to see if Netflix audio out of sync issue persists.
- On your Google Chrome, click the menu button in the upper right corner. Then select Settings.
- In the search bar, type hardware. Then turn off the toggle next to the feature Use hardware acceleration when available.
- Restart your Chrome to see if this issue persists.
- On your Firefox, click the menu button in the upper right corner and then select Options.
- In the search bar, type hardware. Then uncheck the box before Use recommended performance settings and Use hardware acceleration when available.
- Restart your Firefox to see if this issue persists.
If this fix doesn’t work for you, try updating your drivers.
Updating your graphics driver and sound card driver to the latest version may fix this issue. If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update your driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update next to your graphics card to automatically download the correct version of this driver, then you can install it manually. Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
If you have any issue with Driver Easy, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for advice. You should attach the URL of this article so they can help you better.
Hopefully one of the fixes above resolved Netflix audio out of sync issue for you. If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave your comment below.