If you’re running into random glitches with your Oculus device such as Oculus Rift or Sensor, there may be something wrong with your Oculus driver. To fix the issue and leverage the full power of your VR gears, you should upate your Oculus driver to the latest version, and here are two methods for you:
Option 1 – Manually – You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your drivers this way, because you need to find the exactly right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 2 – Automatically (recommended) – This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Option 1 – Download and install the driver manually
Device manufacturers will regularly update their drivers to fix bugs or add new features. To get the right Oculus driver, you’ll need to install the Oculus app on your PC. Here’s the detailed guide:
- Go to the official support page of Oculus.
- Scroll through the page to find your Oculus model and click Download Software to initiate the download process.
- Open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
- Plug your Oculus device into the computer. Then the Oculus app should automatically detect it and install the appropriate driver.
If this method doesn’t meet your needs, try the easier option below.
Optin 2 – Automatically update the Oculus driver (recommended)
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your Oculus driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find not only the correct Oculus driver but also the latest drivers for all your devices including graphics card and USB, which is important to a smooth experience with your Oculus gears.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged Oculus driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now try your Oculus device again to check whether the new driver works properly.
Hopefully this post is helpful to you. If you have further questions or suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment below.