Screen Flashing Windows 10 [SOLVED]
If you’ve been experiencing screen flashing or flickering issues on your Windows 10 computer lately, don’t panic. It can be easily fixed…
Try these fixes
Here’re 4 fixes that have helped other users resolve the screen flashing issue. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Change the monitor refresh rate
- Update your device drivers
- Disable Problem Reports and Solution Control Panel Support and Windows Error Reporting Service
- Update the incompatible apps
A refresh rate is the number of times in a second that images are refreshed. Generally a higher refresh rate produces a smoother picture and less screen flickering or flashing issue. So we might have to change the monitor refresh rate to find the most suited one for your PC monitor.
To do so:
- Right-click on any empty space on your desktop and click Display settings.
- Scroll down to Multiple displays and click on Advanced display settings.
- Click Display adapter properties for Display 1.
- Click Monitor, then click the Screen refresh rate drop-down menu to select the one most suited for your monitor and click OK.
Does that work for your issue? If yes, then great! But if it doesn’t change a thing, don’t worry, move on to Fix 2, below.
One of the most common cause of this screen keeps flashing issue is an outdated device driver on your computer. It can be a graphics driver, a chipset driver or monitor driver. So we should update these drivers to see if it fixes the problem. There’re two ways to update the aforementioned drivers: manually or automatically.
Manual driver update – You can update the aforementioned drivers manually by going to the manufacturer’s website, and searching for the most recent correct driver. Be sure to choose only drivers that are compatible with your Windows version.
Automatic driver update – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your video and monitor drivers manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers, and your Windows version, and it will download and install them correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
You can also click Update to do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual
- Restart your PC, keep track on your PC and see if the Windows 10 screen flashing issue has been solved.
Fix 3: Disable Problem Reports and Solution Control Panel Support and Windows Error Reporting Service
Problem Reports and Solution Control Panel Support and Windows Error Reporting Service are the two Windows services that sometimes interfere with Windows and trigger the screen flashing problem. So we can disable them and see if it does the trick.
To do so:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time. Then type services.msc and press Enter.
- Scroll down to Problem Reports and Solution Control Panel Support, right-click on it and click Stop.
- Scroll down to Windows Error Reporting Service, right-click on it and click Stop.
- Check if the screen is flashing problem has been resolved.
Some apps as Norton AV, iCloud, and IDT Audio are known to cause compatibility issues in Windows and hence the screen flickering issue. If you have any of them installed, you should check their official website for a update to see if there’s a bugfix for this in them.
If you have installed any other app and the screen flashing issue occurs ever since, then it’s very likely that app is to blame. Make sure it’s not a malware and check its official website for an update if possible.
How have the fixes above helped you with your troubleshooting? Do you have any ideas or tips to share with us? Drop a comment below and let us know your thoughts. ?