How to Update Intel HD Graphics Drivers on Windows 10
After upgrading to Windows 10, if you are having issue with Intel HD Graphics driver, you may not watch videos or play games as usual, and the PC may run slowly. To fix the issue, read on to find the solutions.
You can resolve the issue by updating the Graphics driver. There are 3 ways you can use to update the driver. Not every way works in all situations. You can start at the top of list and work your way down.
Intel has released Windows 10 drivers for their vast majority of display cards. You can go to Intel’s website and find the right driver. Please make sure you find the right version, as incompatible or wrong driver can cause serious PC problems.
After downloading the driver, if you cannot install the driver successfully by just double-clicking the installer file. You follow steps below to update the driver manually step by step.
1. Open Control Panel by typing control panel in search box and clicking Control Panel on the pop-up menu.
2. View by Small icons. Click Device Manager.
3. In Device Manager, expand category Display adapters. Right click on the Intel device and select Update Driver Software…
4. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
5. Click Browse button, and navigate to the location where you save the downloaded driver file. Then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Refer steps below to use Windows Update in Windows 10 to update drivers.
1. Click Start menu and click Settings.
2. In Settings Window, click Update & security.
3. In UPDATE & SECURITY, click Windows Update in left pane. In right pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows is searching for the latest updates.
4. Click the link that tells you optional updates are available. (If you don’t see this link, it means Windows Update didn’t find any updates for your computer.)
5. Select the driver you want to install, click OK, and then click Install updates.
If Way 1 and Way 2 don’t work for you, or if you’re not confident playing around with drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged Intel graphics card driver to automatically download and install the correct version of it (you can do this with the FREE version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).