Anthem shows you the infinite loading screen and won’t load it up at all? This is quite frustrating, and you’re definitely not alone. The good news is, you can fix Anthem stuck on loading screen.
How to fix Anthem stuck on loading screen
Here are the solutions you can try. You shouldn’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list untile everything’s working again.
- Move your game to another drive
- Repair Anthem in Origin
- Update your drivers
- Turn off Origin In-Game Overlay
- Run Anthem as an administrator
- Change your graphics settings
Solution 1: Move your game to another drive
Origin enables players to move games to another drive easily. Coping and pasting your game files and folders doesn’t move your games completely, so you’ll need to do it via Origin.
If Anthem shows a infinitely spinning circle when loading, you can move Anthem to another drive to fix this issue.
Step 1: Kill Anthem’s and Origin’s processes completely
Make sure that Anthem is closed and not running in the background.
1) Close Anthem application.
2) Press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
3) Type taskmgr and click OK.
4) Task Manager opens. In the Processes tab, select the process(es) related to Anthem and Origin, and click End task.
5) After ending all the tasks with Anthem and Origin, close Task Manager.
Step 2: Move Anthem to anther drive
Once Anthem process has been killed, you can start moving it to another drive.
1) Launch Origin and ensure to log into your account.
2) Click My Game Library.
3) Right click Anthem, and click Move game.
4) File Explorer pops up and shows you the current drive that Anthem is saved in. Then choose another drive.
For instance, Anthem is saved in C drive, then you can move it to any other drive except for C drive.
5) Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the process.
6) Re-launch Anthem and see if it can load properly.
All good now? That’s great!
Solution 2: Repair Anthem in Origin
The Repair feature in the Origin client helps scan problems for games and try to fix any detected issues. So if Anthem is stuck on loading screen, you can try Repair to fix your problem.
Here’s how to do it:
1) Close Anthem in your computer.
2) Launch Origin and log into your account.
3) Click My Game Library.
4) Right click on Anthem, and click Repair.
5) Origin starts scanning and repairing. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
6) Once finished, restart your computer and launch Anthem.
If Anthem loads up without any issue, congrats! If not, move on to the next method.
Solution 3: Update your drivers
A missing or outdated device driver in your computer can cause Anthem not loading, especially your graphics card driver and your network adapter driver. To rule it out as the cause, you should verify that the device drivers are up to date, and update those that aren’t.
There are two ways to update your audio driver: manually and automatically.
Manual driver update – You can go to the website of your device manufacturer, find the latest correct driver for your device, then download and install it into your computer. This requires time and computer skills.
Automatic driver update – If you don’t have time or patience, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Open Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan the problem drivers in your computer.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged video card and network adapter to automatically download the correct version of their driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Then install it in your computer.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All and get a 30-day money guarantee).
4) Once updated, restart your computer to take effect.
Now launch Anthem on your computer, and your game should be loading.
That’s a no go for you? Don’t worry. There are other fixes to try.
Solution 4: Turn off Origin In-Game Overlay
Sometimes the in-game overlays can result in game crashing as it may cause software conflicts. To rule it out as the cause, you can turn off Origin In-Game Overlay and see it you can fix your issue.
1) Launch Origin in your computer, and log into your Origin account.
2) Click the Origin menu button and click Application settings.
3) Click the Origin In-Game tab.
4) Switch it to Off.
5) Restart Origin and Anthem to see how it works.
Hopefully this will fix your Anthem not loading issue.
Solution 5: Run Anthem as an administrator
If Anthem keeps sticking on infinite loading screen, running it as an administrator will help.
Here’s what you need to do:
1) Open File Explorer, and go to the game folder of Anthem.
2) Right click on Anthem setup file, and click Properties.
3) Click the Compatibility tab, and check the box for Run this program as an administrator. Then click Apply and OK.
4) Re-launch your game and see if how it works.
Anthem runs without any problem? That’s great! Or your problem still persist? Don’t give up hope.
Solution 6: Change your graphics settings
Many Anthem players have reported that modifying Anthem graphics settings helps with the Anthem loading issue, especially in reducing Anthem loading times. So you can change the graphics settings for Anthem in your computer.
1) Re-launch Anthem, and go to Anthem settings.
2) Under Display Settings, change your screen resolution to the one that is the same with your monitor resolution. Switch to Windowed mode.
3) Under Advanced Graphics Settings, modify the available graphics quality settings, such as Texture Quality, Lighting Quality, and Effects Quality.
If the option is Ultra or High, change it to Medium or Low. If the option is Medium or Low, change it to Ultra or High.
4) Save your changes.
Re-launch Anthem and see how it works.
Hope this post works for Anthem not loading issue. Should you have any questions, feel free to leave us a comment below.