Does this look familiar?
All of a sudden, you Windows PC turns into a blue screen and shows you this error code: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER. You must be very annoyed and frustrated. Don’t worry. Usually this is an easy problem to fix.
5 easy & effective methods to fix BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER:
- Update your device drivers — the most successful
- Adjust the Power settings
- Install Windows update on your Windows 10
- Check your hard disk
- Run a Windows repair
A very common cause to Bugcode USB Driver is the old or broken drivers. In most case, update your device drivers can solve the error. It’s always the most successful method from users’ feedback.
Whether you choose to update the device drivers manually, using Windows Update, or you use a trusted third party product, it’s essential that you have the latest correct device drivers for your operating system at all times.
If you’re not comfortable playing with device drivers, we recommend using Driver Easy. It’s a tool that detects, downloads and (if you go Pro) installs any driver updates your computer needs.
To update your drivers with Driver Easy, just click the Scan Now button, then when it lists the drivers you need to update, click Update. The correct drivers will be downloaded, and you can install them – either manually through Windows or all automatically with Driver Easy Pro.
Restart your computer to see if the blue screen disappear. If it shows again, you know your drivers weren’t to blame, and you should try the next fix.
Sometimes inappropriate power settings could also lead to the error. In such case, you can disable the USB selective suspend setting. Follow the steps below then.
1) Type power settings in the search box from Start. Then click Power & sleep settings on the top result.
2) Click Additional power settings on the right pane.
3) Click Choose when to turn off the display > Change advanced power settings.
4) On the pop-up window, expand the dialog after each: USB settings > USB selective suspend setting. Then set it to be Disable from the drop-down menu. Click OK to save your setting.
Windows update always includes the bug fixes and adds new features. Installing the update helps some user fix the error. How to install is shown below:
1) Type update in the Search box from Start menu. Then click Check for updates on the top result.
2) On the pop-up page, click Check for updates.
Proceed to follow the on-screen instructions to install the updates.
Damage or corruption of your hard disk could also bring the error. You can run check disk via command prompt to fix it.
1) Type cmd in the search box from Start menu. Then right-click on Command Prompt to choose Run as administrator.
2) Click Yes when prompted by User Account Control.
3) On the open Command Prompt window, type chkdsk /f. Then press Enter on your keyboard to run it.
Now it would start checking the hard disk for the possible issues causing the BSOD error.
Method 5: Run a Windows repair
If none of the above fixes works for you, then there could be missing, damaged or corrupt files on your computer. In this case, you should run a Windows repair. Reimage is a tool specializing in Windows repairing.
With Reimage, the preliminary will scan your computer’s operating system for virus, malware, missing, damaged, or corrupt files, then it removes all problematic files found and replace them new healthy files. It’s like a clean reinstall of your operating system, except that you won’t lose any user data and all programs, settings are exactly as they are before the repair.
Here’s how to use Reimage to run a Windows repair:
1) Download and install Reimage.
2) Open Reimage and click Yes.
3) Wait for Reimage to run a scan on your PC. The process might take a couple of minutes.
4) Once the scan finishes, you will get a summary of the issues found on your computer. If you need to proceed with the repair function, you’ll be required to purchase the full version.
That’s all there is to it. Have you solved the error? If you have any questions, please feel free to leave your comment below. And also if you have other methods to fix the error, share with us please, thanks.