When you launch the game you can hear the intro music but right after that, all sound is disabled. You have no audio at all. Playing the game without sound? that’s awful! Don’t worry, this problem can be easy to fix. Read on to find how…
Try these methods:
There are 5 methods below, you don’t need to try them all, work your way down till find the one that works for you.
- Change Sound Settings
- Run the Windows audio troubleshooter
- Update your audio driver
- Reinstall your audio driver
- Update your Windows system
Method 1: Change Sound Settings
To solve the issue, you can try changing the sound settings. Uncheck “Disable all sound effect” has been proven effective by many users.
- In the right-bottom toolbar, right-click on the volume icon.
- Click Sounds.
- In the Playback tab, choose the device you’re using and click Properties.
- In the Enhancements tab, uncheck “Disable all sound effects“.
- Click Apply > OK.
- Reboot your computer and check then your game sound.
Method 2: Run the Windows audio troubleshooter
Windows system has in-built troubleshooter to solve common problems.
So try the Playing Audio troubleshooter to solve the problem.
- On the right-bottom of the taskbar, right-click on the volume icon.
- Click Troubleshoot sound problems.
- Choose Yes, Open Audio Enhancements.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Reboot your computer and check whether the problem is solved or not.
Method 3: Update your audio driver
The outdated or missing drivers may be the reason for the “Forza Horizon 4 no sound” problem. You can update your audio driver to solve the problem.
There are two ways you can update your audio drivers.
Option 1 – Download and install the driver manually
You can go to the Realtek website, find the drivers for your system version and download them manually.
Once you’ve downloaded the correct drivers for your system, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Option 2 – Automatically update your audio drivers
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with Free version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Method 4: Reinstall your audio driver
If Method 3 doesn’t help, reinstall your audio driver might be a good choice. It might be caused by the corrupted file which needs a clean uninstall to clear. So reinstall your driver may solve the “Forza Horizon 4 no sound” problem.
- Press the Windows logo key + R together to open the Run box.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
- Click Sound, video and game controllers, right-click on the Realtek(R) Audio and click Uninstall device.
- Click Scan for hardware changes.
- Use Method 3 to install the driver.
- Reboot your computer to check whether the problem is resolved.
Method 5: Update your Windows system
An audio problem may occur because you don’t have the latest Windows system. So update the system to the latest version may help you solve the problem.
- Press the Windows logo key + I together. Click Update & Security.
- In the Windows Update tab, click Check for updates.
- Install the updates.
- Reboot your computer and check the problem is solved or not.
Thanks for reading. Hope this article meets your needs. And you are welcome to leave comments below.