God of War – a famous action-adventure game developed by Santa Monica Studios and PlayStation Studios. It’s a great game though not perfect. The game has multiple issues and the performance issue is one of them. If you’re troubled by performance issue, this post is here to help.
Table of contents
Fix 1: Check the system requirements
Does your system meet minimum requirements? Before any complex fixes, check if your PC specifications first. If it’s not, you may encounter God of War performance issue.
|OS||Windows 10 64-bit|
|Processor||Intel i5-2500k (4 core 3.3 GHz) or AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (4 core 3.1 GHz)|
|Memory||8 GB RAM|
|Graphics||NVIDIA GTX 960 (4 GB) or AMD R9 290X (4 GB)|
|DirectX||Version 11 (DirectX feature level 11_1 required)|
|Storage||70 GB available space|
Fix 2: Update your graphics driver
God of War performance issue is related to the graphics. If you’re using a outdated or corrupted graphic driver, you might encounter performance issue. There are two ways to update your graphic driver, manually and automatically.
Manually – Graphics card manufacturers will roll out graphics drivers optimized for the latest titles on a regular basis. You can download the most recent correct driver from their websites (AMD or NVIDIA for graphics) and install it manually.
Automatically (Recommended) – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your video driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your exact devices, and your Windows version, and it will download and install them correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
Fix 3: Verify game files
Verifying the game files is a useful fix to solve game issues, especially when game are crashing or having terrible performance. As a new game, God of War has new patches roll out almost every day, verifying your game files may resolve installation corruption that prevents you from being able to play the game.
- Open your Steam client and go to LIBRARY.
- Right-click God of War and select Properties...
- On the left, select LOCAL FILES. Then click Verify integrity of game files.. and wait for the process to complete.
- Restart God of War and check if the issue persists.
If this doesn’t fix the problem, take a look at the next fix.
Fix 4: Check for system updates
Windows 10/11 offers system updates regularly, which usually improves system stability and sometimes in-game performance. Normally it’s an automated process, but you can also check to make sure you have all the patches:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and the I (i) key to open the Windows Settings. Click Update & Security.
- Click Check for updates. Windows will then download and install the available patches. It might take some time (up to 30 mins).
To confirm you’ve installed all the system updates, repeat these steps until it prompts “You’re up to date” when you click Check for updates.
Once you’ve installed all the system updates, restart your computer and test the gameplay.
If the latest updates don’t work for you, try the next method.
Fix 5: Repair system files
If your PC has corrupted or missing system files, you would encounter a series of problems that may lead to the God of War performance issues or even crash. Use a repair tool to check various areas in your computer to determine the cause of your exact problem. It will deal with issues related to system errors, critical system files and find the right fit for you.
Fortect is a computer repair software that can diagnose problems on your computer and fix them immediately. It is tailored to your specific system and is working in a private and automatic way. Once complete, it will find a solution to your specific problem.
It is a trusted repair tool and it will do no harm to your PC. The best part is that you won’t need to worry about losing any programs and your personal data.
- Download and install Fortect.
- Open Fortect and click Yes to run a free scan of your PC.
- Fortect will scan your computer thoroughly. This may take a few minutes.
- Once done, you’ll see a detailed report of all the issues on your PC. To fix them automatically, click START REPAIR. This requires you to purchase the full version. But don’t worry. If Fortect doesn’t solve the issue, you can request a refund within 60 days.
That’s all about how to fix God of War performance issue. Hope this post would help. If you’re not satisfied with God of War, you can send a ticket to their support team. And you’re welcome to leave your ideas and suggestions below.