When something goes wrong with your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer, updating its driver should always be your go-to option. It’s essential that you have the latest correct driver for your printer at all times. This article gives you 3 methods to update the driver for your printer.
Try these methods:
- Update the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 driver using Device Manager
- Download and install the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 driver manually
- Automatically update the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 driver
Method 1: Update the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 driver using Device Manager
One of the common ways to update your printer driver is using Device Manager.
Follow the instructions below to see how to make it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
3) Double-click Printers. Then, right-click HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 and select Update driver.
4) Follow the on-screen instructions to update the correct driver for your printer.
Hope this method worked! If it didn’t help, don’t worry! There are still 2 options you can choose.
Method 2: Download and install the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 driver manually
HP keeps updating HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 drivers. To get them, you need to go to the HP support website, find the drivers corresponding with your specific flavor of Windows version (for example, Windows 32 bit) and download the driver manually. Here is how:
1) Go to the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 driver download page.
2) Click Basic Drivers, and then click Download.
3) Open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver for your HP printer.
Hopefully, your printer works properly now. If your problem persists, check the method below to update your printer driver automatically.
Method 3: Automatically update the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 driver
If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Hopefully, this article helped in resolving your problems! Please feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions and suggestions.