Nothing is more frustrated than a non-working headset especially when you’re in an online call or in-game voice chat. You can’t hear the sound and the mic wouldn’t transmit your voice. If you’re using a Jabra headset and it’s not working, don’t worry. This guide will show you how to fix it easily.
Fixes to try:
You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that does the trick.
- Scan and repair your audio driver
- Check the sound settings
- Reset the Jabra headset and connection
- Check for damaged system files
- Update the firmware
Fix 1 – Update your audio driver
If the audio driver on your computer is corrupted, faulty or outdated, a headset may not connect to the PC or work correctly. You may find the mic is malfunctioning or there’s no sound at all. In this case, you should run a scan and install the latest correct audio driver.
If you’re familiar with computer hardware, you could go straight to the manufacturer’s website for your sound card and download the correct driver that’s compatible with your operating system.
But if you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your audio driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for your audio device, and your Windows version, and it will download and install them correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged audio driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Restart your computer to fully employ the changes. Then test your Jabra headset. If it is still not working, check out the next fix.
Fix 2 – Check the sound settings
Download Fortect to repair damaged systems. It could fix various system issues and maximize your PC performance, protecting the computer from everything, malware, viruses, privacy issues, DLL issues, registry issues, etc.
You need to configure the Jabra headset correctly on your computer before you can use it as intended. Here is how:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run command. Then type control in the text field and click OK.
- Select Small icons next to View by and click Sound.
- Right-click any empty space and tick Show Disabled Devices.
- If your Jabra headset is disabled, right-click it and click Enable.
- Select the Jabra Headphones and click Set Default.
- Back to your desktop, right-click the speaker icon at the lower-right corner at the taskbar and select Open Volume mixer.
- Hold and drag each slider to turn up the volume.
If the audio-not-working issue only occurs in a few specific programs, make sure you’ve set your Jabra headset as the default device in the app settings. Now see if the audio works. If not, take a look at more fixes below.
Fix 3 – Reset the Jabra headset and connection
If you’ve been constantly running into glitches with your Jabra headset, try to reset the device settings to the default and reconnect it with your computer. The reset button varies on different Jabra headsets, but normally you could hold the multi-function button for around 10 seconds to clear the settings.
Once done, re-establish the connection. If you’re connecting the Jabra headset via a cable, simply unplug it, wait for a while and plug it back in. It’s also suggested you try another USB port.
If you’re using a Jabra wireless headset, take these steps to reset the pairing connection on the computer.
- Type bluetooth on the Windows search bar and select Bluetooth and other devices settings.
- If you see your Jabra headphone is listed under Audio, click it and click Remove device.
- Turn off your Bluetooth for a few seconds and toggle it on.
- Click Add Bluetooth or device.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Put your Jabra headset into pairing mode.
- When it’s successfully recognized by the computer, click it to build the connection.
Does your Jabra headset work now? If not, try the next method.
Fix 4 – Check for damaged system files
The Jabra headset not working issue may indicate deeper system damages. So you should run a scan to check for any missing and corrupted system files. Fortect is a powerful Windows solution that can scan, diagnoses, and repairs the damaged system files while keeping your settings and data.
- Download and install Fortect.
- Open Fortect and click Yes to run a free scan of your PC.
- Fortect will scan your computer thoroughly. This may take a few minutes.
- Once done, you’ll see a detailed report of all the issues on your PC. To fix them automatically, click START REPAIR. This requires you to purchase the full version. But don’t worry. If Fortect doesn’t solve the issue, you can request a refund within 60 days.
If restoring your computer still failed, there is the last method to try.
Fix 5 – Update the firmware
If neither of these methods helps, consider updating the firmware. Whether you’re using a corded or Bluetooth headphone, the firmware update can help you improve the device performance and prevent potential bugs.
- Download Jabra Direct and launch the app.
- Connect your Jabra headset to the computer and it should be automatically detected by the program.
- Navigate to the Updates tab. Then, click the Update button next to each available device.
- Select the language you prefer and click Update.
- Click Ok when the update completes.
Now that both the headset software and firmware are updated, your Jarba headset should be working without trouble.
Hopefully one of the fixes above resolved your Jabra headset not working problem. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment below.