[Solved] Xbox One Controller Driver Issue
If you failed to install the driver for Microsoft Xbox One Controller through Windows, try methods below to install the driver again.
Follow these steps:
1) Open Device Manager.
2) Expand category “Microsoft Xbox One Controller” and right click on the device. Then click Uninstall.
3) You might be asked to confirm the uninstall. Check “Delete the driver software for this device” if you see it. Click the OK button then the driver will be uninstalled.
4) Unplug the controller.
5) Restart your PC.
6) Plug the controller again. Windows will install the driver automatically.
7) In Device Manager, right-click on the device and click Update Driver Software…
8) Click Search automatically for Updated driver software. Then Windows will install a new driver automatically.
IMPORTANT: To install the Microsoft Xbox One Controller driver successfully, ensure that you have installed the latest .net framework 4.5. DOWN LINK
If you fail to install the driver manually, you can use Driver Easy to update the driver automatically.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged Xbox driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave your comments below. I’d be happy to answer your questions.