Without the T300 drivers installed, there’s a strong chance your racing games won’t see the wheel at all. Therefore, when you’ve got a problem with your Thrustmaster T300 racing wheel, you may need to think about updating the drivers.
Why do you need to update the T300 drivers?
Driver functions as a translator between your device and operating system. Your operating system and your device don’t actually speak the same language. When your operating system gives a command to your device, your device can not understand it. Therefore, your operating system and your device need a translator. If the operating system changes the way it speaks to devices but drivers haven’t updated, devices can’t receive correct commands and cause problems.
This is why most of the problems can be solved by updating drivers.
2 Methods to update the T300 drivers
Here are two methods to update your driver: manually and automatically.
Method 1: Update the driver manually
If you choose to update the driver manually, you have to pay more patience because you need to find the right driver, download and install it step by step.
- Visit the Thrustmaster Support website.
- Type the model name you want to download and click the search button.
- Click the product you have.
- Slide down your mouse and then you will find Drivers. Select Drivers and click the Download arrow on the right side.
- After the download finishes, open the file and then follow the on-screen instructions to install it to your PC.
Method 2: Update the driver automatically
If you don’t have time or computer skills to manually update your drivers, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. In other words, you don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
- Download and install Driver easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- You can choose to update the driver with a FREE version. Firstly, click the Update button next to the flagged driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver. Then you can manually install it.
Or you can click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
In short, I hope this article is helpful to you. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.