Looking to update your Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 driver but not sure where to get the latest download? If yes, then you’ve come to the right place. In this post, you’ll have two ways to download and install the driver efficiently.
Why should I update the Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 driver
Updating drivers is beneficial to the stability of your hardware devices, whether it is a printer, video card, or audio output device. By rolling out new drivers, original equipment manufacturers (OEM) improve the functionality of their products and correct technical issues reported by users. Therefore, if you ever encounter any problems relating to your graphics card (such as game crashing), try to update the corresponding driver and see whether that gets you out of trouble. Or if you want to make the most of your GPU, keeping the drivers up to date is also important.
How to update the Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 driver
To update the Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 driver, you have two options:
Option 1 – Automatically (Recommended) – This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Option 2 – Manually – You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your driver this way, because you need to find exactly the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 1 – Automatically update the driver
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy takes care of everything.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All). Or if you just want to update Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 driver, simply click the Update button next to it.
Note: you can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
Option 2 – Update the driver manually
If you opt for updating the driver manually, here’s the procedure:
- Click here to visit the download page of Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 driver.
- Click Intel® Graphics – Windows® 10 DCH Drivers.
- Pay attention to the left section and click the download button below the EXE file available for download. (You can otherwise download the ZIP file. Note that it’s compressed so you’ll need to extract it before installing the driver on PC.)
Also, if you want to download a certain version of drivers, you can click the desired one beneath Other Versions.
- Once you’ve downloaded the correct file, double-click on it and follow the onscreen instructions to install the driver.
- Reboot your PC for the changes to take effect.
Hopefully you found this post helpful. If you have any follow-up questions or ideas, please feel free to leave a comment below. Thanks for reading!