Are you trying to update your ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock driver but not sure where to get the latest download? If yes, then you’ve come to the right place. In this post, you’ll have two ways to download and install the driver.
How to update the ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock driver
To update the ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock driver, you have two options:
Option 1 – Automatically (Recommended) – This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Option 2 – Manually – You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your driver this way, because you need to find exactly the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 1 – Automatically update the driver
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy takes care of everything.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All). Or if you just want to update the ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock driver for now, simply click the Update button next to it.
Note: you can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
Option 2 – Update the driver manually
Lenovo keeps updating the ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock drivers. To get the one you need, you should visit the Lenovo website, find the driver corresponding with your specific flavor of Windows version (for example, Windows 10, 64 bit) and download the driver manually. Here’s how:
- Click here to go to the support site of Lenovo.
- On the pop-up page, scroll down until you find the following section. Then, click ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Driver.
- On the next page, locate the following EXE file and click the down arrow button under Download.
- Once you’ve downloaded the correct driver for your system, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- Reboot your PC for the changes to take effect.
Hopefully you found this post helpful. If you have any follow-up questions or ideas, please feel free to leave a comment below. Thanks for reading!