Wondering how to update your Wacom Intuos Draw driver? If the answer is “yes,” then you’ve come to the right place. Now read on and find the solution that you’re most comfortable with.
Why should I update drivers
Driver, unlike its name, plays the role as a translator between hardware devices and the operating system (OS). Without drivers, your devices won’t understand the commands from Windows, thereby failing to work properly. To get them started, drivers “translate” the language of Windows into instructions your hardware can understand. Although most drivers come packed up with Windows, they’re developed by the device manufacturers, not Microsoft. So when Microsoft changes the way Windows talks to your devices, you’ll suddenly get all kinds of errors including Blue Screen of Death, devices not working, etc. because your drivers won’t be able to translate the new commands.
Back to the Wacom Intuos Draw driver you’re looking for. Undoubtedly, updating this driver can do you good in various aspects, such as securing the stability of your Wacom tablet, tackling the device-not-working issue, and fixing many other glitches that you might confront. In a nutshell, keep updating your drivers to get the devices in tip-top condition.
How can I update the Wacom Intuos Draw driver
There are mainly two ways you can update the Wacom Intuos Draw driver :
Option 1 – Manually– You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your driver this way, because you need to find exactly the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 2 – Automatically (Recommended) – This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Option 1 – Update the driver manually
Wacom keeps updating the Intuos Draw drivers. To get the one you need, you should visit the Wacom website, find the driver corresponding with your specific flavor of Windows version (for example, Windows 10, 64 bit) and download the driver manually. Here’s how:
- Find your way to the official website of Wacom, or you may simply click here.
- On the pop-up page, search to find your product resources. Or you can select your product model from the given list.
- After selecting the correct model, you’ll see the results in the lower section of the same page as Step 2. Click Download Windows Driver. (If you’re a Mac user, simply select the Mac Driver.)
- When the site asks you to confirm the selection, click Confirm Download.
- Once you’ve downloaded the correct driver for your system, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- Reboot your PC for the changes to take effect.
Option 2 – Automatically update the Wacom Intuos Draw driver
Some people may find it hard to locate the correct Wacom Intuos Draw driver online. And even if you successfully find it, it’s still time-consuming and error-prone to install the driver. So if you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your Wacom Intuos Draw driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy takes care of everything.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version– you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All). Or if you just want to update the Wacom Intuos Draw driver for now, simply click the Update button next to it.
Note: you can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
Hopefully you’ll find this post useful. Please feel free to leave a comment below if you have any further questions or ideas. Thanks for reading!