If you are wondering what GPU you’re using
, but know how to find it out on your Windows computer
, you’ve come to the right place. Check the methods below, and you’ll be able to know the model of your GPU very quickly.
Methods to try
There are three methods you can try. You don’t need to try them all; just choose the right one for you.
- View your GPU in System Information
- View your GPU with Device Manager
- View your GPU with Driver Easy
Method 1: View your GPU in System Information
- Press the Windows logo key. Then type “information” and click System Information in the result to open System Information.
- Double click Components to expand this category, then click Display. The value of the Name item shows you what GPU you’re using.
You can also view the more technical information on your graphics adapter with System Information.
Method 2: View your GPU with Device Manager
- Press the Windows logo key and R on your keyboard at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter to open Device Manager.
- Double click Display adapters to expand this category, then you’ll see the GPUs you’re using.
You can also double click your GPU to view more information on this device.
Method 3: View your GPU with Driver Easy
You can also view your GPU information with Driver Easy
. It’s a tool that detects, downloads and (if you go Pro
) installs any driver updates your computer needs. You can also use it to view your hardware information.
To view your GPU information with Driver Easy:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy, then click Hardware Info.
- Confirm your action if you’re prompted for Administrator permission.
- View your GPU model by looking at the Video Cards item.
Hopefully one of the methods above helps you find out what GPU you’re using. If you have any questions, leave us a comment below!