api-ms-win-core libraryloader l1-1-1.dll Download & How to Fix it If it’s Missing
Trying to upgrade your computer to Windows 10 only to be stuck with this api-ms-win-core libraryloader l1-1-1.dll is missing error?
You must be searching the Internet upside down for an easy & SAFE file download and fixes.
But don’t worry, you’re safe in our hands!
What you might want to know
Common errors like
- api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-0.dll Not Found
- api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.
- This application has failed to start because api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-0.dll was not found.
are from Windows to inform you of a corrupt/missing .dll file, driver and Windows Update errors.
Try these steps
Just work your way down the list until the .dll file missing error alert goes away:
- Download & install Microsoft Visual C ++
- Move the .dll file
- Replace the wimgapi.dll file
- Update ALL drivers availble
- Install ALL Windows updates
Every so often this api-ms-win-core libraryloader l1-1-1.dll is missing error occurs simply because you don’t have the file, which is part of Microsoft Visual C ++. So in this step, we’re gonna download it from the Microsoft official website.
- Go to Microsoft downloads for Microsoft Visual C ++.
- Make sure you click the first link for the latest version.
- Click Download.
- Select your Windows bit version and click Next.
- Once the download finishes, double-click on the file and follow the on-screen instructions to install.
- Keep track of the upgrade and hopefully it proceeds smoothly this time.
- Depending on what bit version your computer is running:
- If it’s a 64-bit: copy & paste the api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-0.dll file into C:\Windows\SysWOW64;
- If it’s a 32-bit: copy & paste api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-0.dll file into C:\Windows\System32.
- Restart your computer and see if the .dll file missing error has disappeared.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and E at the same time. Then copy & paste C:\Windows\System32\ into the address bar and press Enter.
- Copy & paste wimgapi.dll into the search box. Then copy the wimgapi.dll file.
- Go to C:\Windows10upgrade and paste the file into the background area.
- Click Yes when asked to confirm replacing the wimgapi.dll file with a new one.
- Re-launch the upgrade assistant and see if it runs without fail this time.
This api-ms-win-core libraryloader l1-1-1.dll is missing error can also happen when you have the mismatched/missing/outdated drivers on your computer. It can be difficult to put finger on which one is offending our system so we need to update ALL the drivers available to help resolve the situation.
There’re two ways you can update your device drivers — manually or automatically:
Update your drivers manually – To troubleshoot the issue, you can update all available drivers manually ONE BY ONE until you pin down the exact driver at fault. Firstly you’ll have to go to the manufacturer’s website, search for the most recent correct driver for the devices. Be sure to choose only drivers that are compatible with your variant of Windows system versions. Then download & update them all by yourself.
Update your drivers automatically – Updating all the drivers manually is no picnic. If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- You can upgrade to the Pro version and click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
You can also click Update to do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Hopefully by this time you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 successfully.
Windows Update keeps releasing patches and packages designated to fix bugs/errors, update/replace files and enhance the overall performance of the Windows components. And api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-0.dll missing file can be one of them. To manually run Windows Update:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type update. Then click on Check for updates.
- Click Check for updates.
- All available updates will be downloaded & installed automatically. After that, try the upgrade again and see if it succeeds this time.
There you go – the easy & safe way to download the api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-0.dll file and fix the file missing/not found problem. Hope this helps and feel free to drop us a comment if you have any further questions. 🙂