If your Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon refuses to launch all of a sudden, don’t worry, you’re not alone: some gamers have this problem right after the Easy Anti-Cheat loading screen, and some just couldn’t get anything to launch at all in Steam. Here are some fixes that have worked for many other players with their Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon not launching problem. Follow them to see if they fix the same problem for you.
Try these fixes for Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon not launching problem
You don’t need to try all the following methods: simply work your way down the list until you find the one that does the trick to fix the launching problem with Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon for you.
- Check your system specs
- Update your graphics card driver
- Check the Windows firewall settings
- Change your DNS server
- Disable conflicting software
- Disable overlays
- Repair damaged or corrupt system files
1. Check your system specs
If your Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon can’t launch at all, the first thing you need to check is whether your computer meets the minimum system requirements for the game. If your machine is below or just at the requirements, you may need to upgrade your hardware for Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon to run.
Here are the requirements for your reference:
|Minimum (64-bit OS only)||Recommended (64-bit OS only)|
|OS||Windows 10||Windows 10/11|
|Processor||Intel Core i7-4790K | Intel Core i5-8400 or AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | AMD Ryzen 5 2600||Intel Core i7-7700 | Intel Core i5-10400 or AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | AMD Ryzen 5 3600|
|Memory||12 GB RAM||12 GB RAM|
|Graphics||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, 4 GB or AMD Radeon RX 480, 4 GB||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 6GB or AMD Radeon RX 590, 8GB or Intel Arc A750, 8GB|
|DirectX||Version 12||Version 12|
|Storage||60 GB available space||60 GB available space|
|Sound Card||Windows Compatible Audio Device||Windows Compatible Audio Device|
If you’re not sure how to check your computer specs, you can refer to this post here for more detailed information: How to find computer specs Windows 10 [Easily]
When you’re sure that your machine meets the system requirements to run the game, but Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon still refuses to launch, please move further to the fixes below.
2. Update your graphics card driver
An outdated or incorrect display card driver could also be the culprit to your Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon not launching problem, so if Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon doesn’t launch when your computer meets or is above the required system specs, it’s likely that you have a corrupted or outdated graphics driver. So you should update your drivers to see if it helps.
To make sure that the driver update is done properly, you need to first uninstall the older driver. To do so:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key and the R key at the same time, then type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- Double-click to expand the Display adapters category, then right-click your display card and select Uninstall device.
- Tick the box for Attempt to remove the driver for this device and click Uninstall.
- Repeat the same to remove the driver for your other display card if you have one.
- Then download and update your graphics card driver.
There are mainly 2 ways you can update your graphics driver: manually or automatically.
Option 1: Update your graphics driver manually
If you’re a tech-savvy gamer, you can spend some time updating your GPU driver manually.
To do so, first visit the website of your GPU manufacturer:
Then search for your GPU model. Note that you should only download the latest driver installer that’s compatible with your operating system. Once downloaded, open the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to update.
Option 2: Update your graphics driver automatically (Recommended)
If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
Note: You can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Try to launch Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon again to see if the latest correct graphics card driver helps. If this fix doesn’t work for you, try the next fix, below.
3. Check the Windows firewall settings
Certain firewall settings might interfere with the connection between your computer and Steam’s servers, thus the launching problem with some games in Steam. To see if this is your case, you can temporarily disable your firewall for testing purposes. To do so:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time. Then copy and paste control firewall.cpl and click OK.
- From the left menu, select Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Select Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) for Domain network, Private Network and Public network. Then click OK.
- Run Steam again and see if you can launch Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon then.
If you can launch Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon after disabling the firewall temporarily, turn it back on again, then please go to fix #3.1 to see how to add Steam as a firewall exception so you can run the game.
If your Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon still refuses to launch, please move on to the fix #4 to see how to change your other network settings.
3.1 Add Steam to your firewall exception
If Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon can launch when you disable your Windows firewall for the time being, then your firewall should be stopping your computer from talking to Steam’s server, so you’ll need to add Steam as an exception. To do so:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo + R keys simultaneously to open the Run box.
- Type control firewall.cpl and hit Enter.
- From the left navigation pane, click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Scroll down and check if Steam is on the list. If it isn’t, proceed to add it to the exception list.
- Click on the Change settings button.
- Click Allow another app….
- Click Browse… and go to the installation folder for Steam.
If you don’t know what the installation folder is for your Steam, simply right-click on its shortcut and select Open file location.
- Find steam.exe and click on it. Then click Open.
- When it’s located, click Add.
- Now make sure Steam is added to the list and tick Domain, Private, and Public. Once you’re done, click OK.
Now open Steam and try to launch Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon again. If the game still refuses to launch, try the next fix below.
4. Change your DNS server
Default DNS servers provided by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) could fluctuate at some point of the day, or they could be too far away from the game servers, thus with the Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon’s launching problem. To make sure that your DNS server is not the culprit to the game’s launching problem, you can first flush your DNS cache and then switch to a public DNS server.
To do so:
4.1 Flush your DNS
By flushing your DNS, your DNS cache will be cleared. So when your PC needs to access the internet, it’ll need to obtain the address from the DNS server again (and we’ll change the DNS server address later). This may solve the Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon not launching problem if the DNS cache data is invalid or corrupt. Here’s how you can flush the DNS:
- Press the Windows logo key and R on your keyboard.
- Type cmd, then press Shift and Enter at the same time to run Command Prompt as administrator. If prompted for permission, click Yes.
- Copy ipconfig /flushdns, and paste it in the pop-up window. Then press Enter.
- Your DNS cache is successfully cleared.
4.2 Switch to a public DNS server
Then switch to a public DNS server (like the Google DNS server in the example below, since it’s fast and secure):
- On your taskbar, right-click the network icon, then click Open Network & Internet settings.
- Click Change adapter options.
- Right-click the network you’re using, then click Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), then click Properties.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses, fill in the Google DNS server addresses as below, then click OK.
Preferred DNS server: 188.8.131.52
Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206
- Then run Steam and try to launch Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon again to see if the problem is fixed. If the problem still remains, please move on.
5. Disable conflicting software
Steam can be quite sensitive about certain programs running in the background, especially the ones that occupy network resources. Here’s a list of such programs that you need to pay extra attention to:
- NZXT CAM
- MSI Afterburner
- Razer Cortex
- Anti-virus or anti-spyware software (some mentioned Norton Security stopped Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon from launching)
- VPN, proxy, or other firewall and security software (some mentioned NordVPN)
- P2P or file-sharing software
- IP filtering or blocking software
- Download manager programs
If you have none of the above-mentioned suspicious software programs installed, but your Claunch Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon still refuses to launch, you may need to perform a clean boot in Windows to see if the problem remains there.
If launch Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon launches well when you do a clean boot, one or more third-party services or programs are interfering with the game, so you will need to disable 3rd-party software one by one until you find the culprit, either remove it or update it to see if it helps.
6. Disable overlays
According to some users, disabling in-game overlays helps to fix the Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon launching problem, so you may also try to disable the overlays. You can do so on Steam or GeForce Experience:
- Open your Steam and go to the Library tab.
- Right-click launch Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon from the game list and click Properties.
- Untick Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
On GeForce Experience
- Run GeForce Experience.
- Click the cogwheel icon at the upper right corner.
- Scroll to toggle off In-Game Overlay.
After you disable the overlays in-use, try to launch Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon to see if it works. If not, proceed to the next method.
7. Repair damaged or corrupt system files
If the above doesn’t help to fix the Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon launching problem, then you may have some damaged or corrupted system files waiting to be prepared. This is because the integrity of Windows system files is essential for the proper operation and stability of the computer, while errors in critical system files can cause problems that affect gaming performance like crashes or freezes, together with game launching problems.
By repairing the core Windows system files, it may resolve conflicts, missing DLL issues, registry errors, and other problems that contribute to the launching problem with Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon. Tools like Fortect can automate the repair process by scanning system files and replacing corrupted ones.
- Download and install Fortect.
- Open Fortect. It will run a free scan of your PC and give you a detailed report of your PC status.
- Once finished, you’ll see a report showing all the issues. To fix all the issues automatically, click Start Repair (You’ll need to purchase the full version. It comes with a 60-day Money-Back Guarantee so you can refund anytime if Fortect doesn’t fix your problem).
Still unsure if Fortect is what you need? Check this Fortec Review!
The above is what we have to offer about the Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon not launching problem. Hope one of them helps to fix the launching problem for you. If you have other suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment below.