If your computer just won’t wake up from the sleep you put it in earlier, don’t worry. It’s fixable…
5 fixes for computer won’t wake up from sleep in Windows 10 issue
Here’re 5 fixes that have helped other users resolve their problem. Just work your way down the list until this Windows 10 not waking up from sleep problem is solved:
- Allow your keyboard and mouse to wake up your PC
- Update your device drivers
- Turn off fast startup
- Re-enable hibernation
- Tweak power settings
Sometimes your computer will not wake up from sleep mode simply because your keyboard or mouse has been prevented from doing so. To allow your keyboard and mouse to wake up your PC:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type devmgmt.msc into the box and press Enter.
- Double-click on Keyboards > your keyboard device.
- Click Power Management and check the box before Allow this device to wake the computer and then click OK.
- Repeat this fix on your mouse device(usually under the category of mice and other pointing devices).
- Sleep your PC and wake it up later and check if this Windows 10 won t wake from sleep problem gets resolved.
One of the most common causes of this problem is an outdated or a faulty device driver. It can be difficult to put finger on which one is offending your system so you should update ALL the drivers available to see if the problem is resolved. If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- You can upgrade to the Pro version and click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
You can also click Update to do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
- Try putting your machine back to sleep before waking it up again and see if it responds.
Fast startup is a new feature in Windows 10 that helps our computer restart faster. But sometimes it can mess up with the shutdown/boot up process, hence the computer will not wake up from sleep mode Windows 10 problem. Here’s how to disable fast startup:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then copy & paste powercfg.cpl into the box and click OK.
- Click Choose what the power buttons do.
- Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Make sure the box before Turn on fast startup (Recommended) is unchecked, then click Save changes and close the window.
- Check sleep-awake route again and see if it works.
Hibernation is another power-saving mode in our Windows but it’s also known to interfere with the sleep mode and cause the computer will not wake up from sleep mode in Windows 10 problem. So we can try to disable and enable the feature to see if it fixes the issue. Here’s how:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type cmd. Then click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
Click Yes when prompted with a User Account Control window.
- Type the following command lines and press Enter after each:
powercfg.exe /hibernate off powercfg.exe /hibernate on
- Check if this Windows 10 won’t wake from sleep issue has been sorted out.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type powercfg.cpl into the box and press Enter.
- Click the chosen power plan and click Change plan settings.
- Click Change advanced power settings.
- Double-click on Sleep and Allow wake timers to expand. Then choose Enable in Setting.
- Click Apply > OK.
- Restart your computer, test on your machine again and see if it wakes up without fail.
There you go – top 5 fixes for your computer won’t wake up from sleep in Windows 10 problem. Hope it helps and feel free to drop us a comment if you have any follow-up questions or ideas to share with us. 🙂