How to connect a PS3 controller to PC–2017 [Solved]
If you want to use your PS3 controller to play video games on Windows, this article is exactly for you. Here is an easy guide to help you connect your PS3 controller to your PC step by step. Besides, you will learn how to get the best game experience.
2) Unzip the downloaded file. Then double-click the .exe file.
3) Click Next till the end for the installation, then click Finish at the last step .
4) Plug your PS3 controller with a USB cable to your PC. You should then see the window below:
5) Click MotioninJoy icon in your Task Bar.
6) Click Load driver.
7) Click Install this driver software anyway if prompted by Windows Security. Don’t worry, MotionInJoy’s drivers are safe to install for Windows.
8) Your PS3 controller gets ready to use on your PC when you’re seeing this message: SUCCESS: Install MotioninJoy Driver Successfully.
9) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R together to invoke the Run box.
10) Type control and click OK.
11) Click View devices and printers in Category section.
12) You should then see your PS3 controller listed in Devices section. Right-click on it to select Properties.
13) Click Properties.
14) Make sure that all of your inputs are being picked up correctly. Then click Apply > OK.
15) You can use your PS3 controller to on your PC now.
To get the best game experience, you should make your PS3 controller software and MotioninJoy up-to-date on your PC. You can update these driver software manually.
If you’re a computer novice and have no idea how to update your device drivers, we recommend using Driver Easy. It’s a tool that detects, downloads and (if you go Pro) installs any driver updates your computer needs.
To update your drivers with Driver Easy, just click the Scan Now button, then when it lists the drivers you need to update, click Update. The correct drivers will be downloaded, and you can install them – either manually through Windows or all automatically with Driver Easy Pro.