Many people are recently reporting an issue with DIRECTV NOW. They can’t watch the shows in the service or the DIRECTV NOW app stops working.
If you’re also experiencing this issue, you’re no doubt very frustrated. But don’t worry. It can be fixed…
Try these fixes
You may not have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Restart your device
- Clear your browser cache
- Re-sign in your DIRECTV NOW service
- Reinstall your DIRECTV NOW app
- Restart your router/modem
This is the first thing you should try when your DIRECTV NOW service is not working properly. Just close the device you use to watch DIRECTV NOW and restart it, then check to see if this fixes the not working issue with your service.
If this didn’t work for you, move on to Fix 2, below
Perhaps DIRECTV NOW is not working properly on your web browser because of corrupted browser cache. Here’s how you can clear your cache.
- On your browser, press the Ctrl, Shift and Del/Delete key on your keyboard at the same time.
- Select all time or everything for the time range, select all the items to remove, then click the Clear data button.
- Restart your web browser.
Now try using the DIRECTV NOW service and see if this fixed your issue.
This is also an effective way to fix your DIRECTV NOW not working issue. Just sign out of the service, then sign back in.
Now try the service again and see if it is working. If it’s not, move on to the next fix, below.
If your DIRECTV NOW app is not working properly, try reinstalling the app! This is helpful for repairing the corrupted or missing files for your app.
To do so, uninstall the DIRECTV NOW app on your device, then re-install the latest version of the DIRECTV NOW app from the app market (App Store, Google Play, Microsoft Store, …) on your device or the DIRECTV NOW website.
Hopefully, this fixed your issue. But if not, you may need to…
Maybe your DIRECTV NOW issue is caused by your home network problems. To repair your home network, you should try restarting your router/modem. To do so:
- Turn off the device you use to watch DIRECTV NOW.
- Turn off your router/modem.
- Disconnect the power cable from your router/modem. Then wait for 1 minute.
- Connect the power cable back to your router/modem, then turn it on.
- Turn on your device.
Now check to see if this fixed your DIRECTV NOW issue.
Hopefully, one of the fixes above worked for you. If you have any questions or suggestions, leave us a comment below!