Does my laptop have Bluetooth? [Two ways to check]
Don’t know if your laptop has Bluetooth or not? Don’t worry! It’s very, very easy! Just follow the step-by-step instructions in this article and you should be able to check if your laptop has Bluetooth or not quickly and easily!
Follow these steps
- See if there is a Bluetooth icon in the notification area
- See if there are any Bluetooth devices in Device Managers
- Bonus tip: Update the Bluetooth driver on your laptop
This is the quickest and easiest way to check if your laptop has Bluetooth or not. All you need to do is to check if there is a Bluetooth icon in the notification area. If there is, your laptop is definitely has Bluetooth.
If the Bluetooth icon doesn’t appear in the notification area, you need to open Device Manager to check if your laptop has Bluetooth or not. Just read on to open Device Manager.
In Device Manager, you can see all the devices installed in your Laptop. If your laptop has Bluetooth, it should be listed in Device Manager. You can follow the instructions below to open your Device Manager to check if your laptop has Bluetooth or not:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. You’ll be prompted for permission. Click Yes to open Device Manager.
- If you see the Bluetooth icon, it means your laptop has Bluetooth.
If the Bluetooth driver on your laptop is missing or outdated, you may run into Bluetooth pair problems. It is a good idea to update your Bluetooth driver to the latest version. By doing that, you can avoid many unexpected Bluetooth pair problems.
There are two ways to update your Bluetooth driver: manually or automatically.
Update your Bluetooth driver manually – You can update your Bluetooth driver manually by going to the manufacturer’s website, and searching for the latest driver for your Bluetooth device. Be sure to choose the driver that’s compatible with your laptop model and your version of Windows.
Update your Bluetooth driver automatically – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your Bluetooth driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. You don’t need to know exactly what system your laptop is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update next to your Bluetooth device to automatically download the correct version of its driver, then you can install it manually. Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. You get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee).
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave your comment below.