AMD RX 6900 XT, the newest gaming GPU of AMD’s Radeon 6000 series, has arrived. To enjoy the ultra-high frame rates and serious 4K gameplay as this flagship GPU deserves, you’ll need the latest AMD RX 6900 XT driver.
Here are two ways you can update the driver safely:
Option 1 – Automatically (recommended) – This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Option 2 – Manually – You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your drivers this way, because you need to find the exactly right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 1 – Automatically update the AMD RX 6900 XT driver (recommended)
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your AMD RX 6900 XT driver by yourself, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All). You can also click Update to do it for free, but it’s partly manual.
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
It’s always easy and time-saving to update your device drivers with Driver Easy. If you’re familiar with computer hardware, you could also try the manual method below.
Option 2 – Download and install the driver manually
AMD keeps updating its GPU drivers for general improvements, bug fixes and compatibility with the latest games like Cyberpunk 2077 and CoD Black Ops Cold War. To get them manually, simply follow the instruction below:
- Go to AMD’s support page.
- Scroll to the search section. Then, select Graphics > AMD Radeon 6000 Series > AMD Radeon 6900 Series > AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT, and click Submit.
- Choose the correct operating system and click the Download button next to your desired driver.
- After the download finishes, double-click the file and follow the wizard to install the driver.
Restart your computer and test the powerhouse performance of AMD RX 6900 XT with an up-to-date driver.
Hopefully this tutorial helped you update the AMD RX 6900 XT driver. If you have further questions or suggestions, please feel free to drop a comment below.