If you want to keep your HP audio in good condition and bring you the best possible sound experience, you should download or update the latest correct version for your HP audio drivers in your Windows computer.
If your HP audio drivers are not working properly, for instance, the driver is missing or outdated, you should also update your audio drivers in your HP laptop to fix the problem. Many people have resolved the HP audio driver issues with the solutions below:
Try these fixes:
- Download HP audio drivers manually
- Update HP audio drivers in Device Manager
- Update HP audio drivers automatically (Recommended)
You can download the HP audio drivers manually from the HP support center or from the audio device manufacturer.
Before getting started, you should know clearly the audio device and the operating system information in your HP laptop or notebook.
2) Search for the device driver that you want to download from the manufacturer’s website.
3) Go to the drivers page, and select the latest correct version of your audio device, and compatible operating system (in my case it’s Windows 10 64 bit), and download it.
4) Run the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen instructions to Install the driver in your computer.
This method requires time and computer skills. If this method doesn’t work for you, don’t worry. We have other solutions for you.
You can also update your HP audio drivers via Device Manager, where you can view and manage the hardware device and the driver software in your Windows computer. Here’s how to do it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo keyand R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc in the Run box and click OK.
3) In Device Manager, double click Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.
4) Right click on your audio device, and select Update driver.
5) Choose Search automatically for updated driver software, and follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
Still no luck? Okay, there’s one more thing to try.
If you don’t have time or patience to manually download your HP audio drivers, you can also do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you’ll have a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged audio device to automatically download the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Then install the driver in your computer.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer after updating, and you should have your HP audio drivers up to date.
That’s it. Hope this post comes in handy and helps in downloading or updating your HP audio drivers in Windows.