It’s important to keep the wireless adapter driver up to date on your Dell computer. This ensures the stability of your WiFi network connection.
To update your Dell WiFi driver
There are two ways you can update the wireless adapter driver on your Dell computer:
You can get the driver for your wireless adapter from the official Dell website. To do so:
- Go to the official Dell website, then search your computer model.
- Go to the driver download page for your computer, then download the correct and latest driver for your wireless adapter.Download the driver that’s suitable for your variant of Windows system. You should know what system is running on your computer — whether it’s Windows 7, 8 or 10, 32-bit or 64-bit version, etc.
- Open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver on your computer.
If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update your wireless driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to your wireless adapter to download the correct version of its driver, then you can manually install it. Or click the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all the drivers. (This requires the Pro version — you will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. You get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.)