Looking all the way for how to download the latest driver for you HP Officejet Pro 7740? This article will provides you with two popular methods to download & install a driver for your HP printer in detail.
Try these methods:
There are two ways you can get the latest correct driver; just pick the one you prefer:
Method #1 Manually
HP keeps releasing drivers to add new features or improve printer performance to make your computer and printer work more closely together. Therefore, your printer may bump into various issues if its driver is improperly installed or outdated.
It’s essential that you have the latest correct driver for your printer at all times. Here is how to update it manually:
1) Go to HP Driver Downloads for Printers.
2) Type HP Officejet Pro 7740 in the search box and submit.
3) In the search list, select the Basic Drivers and click Download.
4) Once you’ve downloaded the correct driver for your system, double click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
5) Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Method #2 Automatically
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the HP officejet pro 7740 driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. You get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.)
Note: You can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
4) Restart your computer for the changes take effect.
When it comes to updating a driver, you can always choose either download it from the manufacturer’s official website (Support or Download section) or update it automatically with Driver Easy.
Feel free to leave us a remark if you have further questions or suggestions.