Are you looking for the Lenovo X220 drivers? If the answer is “yes,” then you’ve come to the right place. As we all know, drivers are essential to your devices but the process of downloading and installing drivers can be quite fiddly sometimes. Don’t worry, here we’ll show you how to update your Lenovo X220 drivers.
How to update your Lenovo X220 drivers
There are two ways you can update your drivers for Thinkpad X220:
Option 1 – Manually– You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your driver this way, because you need to find exactly the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 2 – Automatically (Recommended) – This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Option 1 – Update the driver manually
Lenovo keeps updating their Thinkpad X220 drivers. To get them, you need to go to the Lenovo Support website, find the driver corresponding with your specific flavor of Windows version (for example, Windows 7 of 64 bit) and download the driver manually.
As Thinkpad X220 has various drivers for its different components such as the wireless network adapter, fingerprint reader and keyboard, you’ll have to download their drivers one by one, which is a bit time-consuming. To update the Lenovo X220 drivers, you may take the following steps:
- Find your own way to the Lenovo Support website of Thinkpad X220. Or you can simply click here.
- On the pop-up page, you’ll be greeted with a list of available downloads. Note that not all the results are drivers, so you need to make sure what kind of programs you’re trying to download. (And you should also pay attention to their supported Windows versions.)
- Click the title of a device to expand its drop-down list. For example, if you would like to download the wireless adapter drivers, click Networking: Wireless LAN (7). In the drop-down list, you’ll see several pieces of software available for download. To figure out their properties, you may click the icon that looks like a document to view more details. If you want to download the driver right away, simply click the download button under Download.
- Once you’ve downloaded the correct driver for your system, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- Reboot your computer for the changes to take effect even if you’re not asked to.
Option 2 – Automatically update the Lenovo X220 drivers
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your Lenovo X220 driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy takes care of everything.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Note: you can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
Driver Easy uses only genuine drivers, straight from your hardware manufacturer. And they’re all tested and certified – either by Microsoft or by itself. Or both.
Hopefully you find this post useful. Please feel free to leave a comment below if you have any further questions or ideas. Thanks for reading!