If you wish to download and update Surface Pro 6 drivers, you can use one of the methods below. We’ve put together two methods below for you to update Surface Pro 6 drivers; just select one method according to your needs.
Two methods for you to download and update Surface Pro 6 drivers:
- 1: Download and update Surface Pro 6 drivers manually
- 2: Download and update Surface Pro 6 drivers automatically
Method 1: Download and update Surface Pro 6 drivers manually
Microsoft provides Surface Pro 6 drivers on their website. So you can download the drivers and update the drivers from Microsoft.
Here’re the steps for your reference how to download and update the drivers from Microsoft:
1) Go to Microsoft official website.
2) Click the Search button.
3) Type “surface pro 6 driver” in the search box and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
4) From the search result, click the link about the Surface Pro 6 drivers downoad (usually the first link). Then you’ll be redirected to another page.
5) Click Download.
6) Select the .msi file name that matches your Windows version. Then click Next to start downloading.
For example, if you’re using Surface Pro 6 with build 17763 of Windows 10, select SurfacePro6_Win10_17763_1903007_0.msi. If you’re not sure how to check Windows 10 build version, you can follow the steps in this article: How to check Windows version.
7) After download is done, double-click on the downloaded .msi file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the drivers.
Microsoft .msi file includes sound, display, ethernet, and Wi-Fi drivers for your Surface Pro 6. If you don’t want to update all drivers at one time, you can use Method 2 to update the drivers you wish to update.
Method 2: Download and update Surface Pro 6 drivers automatically
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to download and update the drivers for your Surface Pro 6 manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
You don’t need to know exactly what system your Surface Pro 6 is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a device to automatically download the correct version of their driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version). You can choose to update the driver you want to update.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.