If your computer is having Bluetooth issues, such as device not connecting, sound popping and lagging, one quick and easy fix is to reinstall the Bluetooth driver.
In this article, we’ll show you 2 ways to reinstall your Bluetooth driver easily & quickly.
How to reinstall Bluetooth driver
- Reinstall Bluetooth driver manually
- Reinstall Bluetooth driver automatically (Recommended)
- Still can’t fix the problem? Try this.
Method 1: Reinstall Bluetooth driver manually
To reinstall your Bluetooth driver, one option is to do that manually with Device Manager. Device Manager is a Control Panel app that allows you to view and manage the hardware of your PC.
So firstly, you need to uninstall your current Bluetooth driver. Here’re the steps:
- On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and the R key) at the same time to invoke the Run box. Type or paste devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- Double-click Bluetooth to expand the category. Then right-click your Bluetooth adapter and select Uninstall device. (If you don’t see a Bluetooth adapter, try using Driver Easy to scan for missing drivers.)To identify the Bluetooth adapter, one common method is to look for the name that starts with a manufacturer(e.g. Intel, Qualcomm or Realtek) and ends with a “Bluetooth”.
- In the pop-up window, check the box next to Delete the driver software for this device. Then click Uninstall.
- Once you’ve uninstalled your Bluetooth driver, restart your computer.
Then you’ll need to install the Bluetooth driver.
If you’re on Windows 10 or 11, Windows will automatically install the missing Bluetooth driver after a reboot. (Note that you might need an Internet connection for this function.)
If you’re on Windows 8 or 7, you can visit the manufacturer website of your PC or motherboard, then search for your model and download the latest installation wizard compatible with your operating system.
Method 2: Reinstall Bluetooth driver automatically (Recommended)
In most cases, updating the driver gives you the same effect as reinstallation. And a new driver usually comes with bug fixes and a performance boost. This could tackle your Bluetooth issue right away.
And Driver Easy is a tool that does just that. It can detect, download and install any driver updates your computer needs:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy, then click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
(This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. If you don’t want to pay for the Pro version, you can still download and install all the drivers you need with the free version; you just have to download them one at a time, and manually install them, the normal Windows way.)
After updating your Bluetooth driver, restart your computer for it to take full effect.
If the problem is still there:
Given that we all use our computers differently, it’s sometimes impossible to locate the problem manually. In this case, you can use a system repair tool to run a full scan of your PC.
And for that job we recommend Fortect. It’s a professional Windows repair tool that can scan your system’s overall status, diagnose your system configuration, identify faulty system files, and repair them automatically. It gives you fresh system components with just one click, so you don’t have to reinstall Windows and all your programs.
- Download and install Fortect.
- Open Fortect. It will run a free scan of your PC and give you a detailed report of your PC status.
- Once finished, you’ll see a report showing all the issues. To fix all the issues automatically, click Start Repair (You’ll need to purchase the full version. It comes with a 60-day Money-Back Guarantee so you can refund anytime if Fortect doesn’t fix your problem).
So these are the ways you can reinstall your Bluetooth driver. Hopefully, you can now enjoy your Bluetooth devices with zero problems. If you have any questions or ideas, simply leave a comment and we’ll get back to you ASAP.