Running into an EPSON Scan Cannot communicate with the scanner error? You’re not the only one. But don’t worry, it’s often quite easy to fix…
3 Fixes for EPSON Scan Cannot communicate with the scanner
Here’re 3 fixes that have helped other users resolve the problem. Just work your way down the list until the problem is resolved.
Your EPSON Scan Cannot communicate with the scanner problem is probably being caused by driver issues. The steps above may resolve it, but if they don’t, or you’re not confident playing around with drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to a flagged Epson scanner driver to automatically download the correct version of this driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
- Restart your computer and check if the EPSON Scan Cannot communicate with the scanner problem has been resolved. If yes, then great! But if the problem still persists, try Fix 2, below.
An incorrect IP address in Epson Scanner Settings may also cause the EPSON Scan Cannot communicate with the scanner issue.
To make sure you have the right IP address on your Epson scanner:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and E at the same time, then right-click on your Epson device and click Properties.
- Copy the IP address.
- Open Epson Scan Settings.
- Under Network Scanner Address, click Delete to delete the existing scanner.
- Click Add…
- Choose the Enter Address option and paste the new IP address into the box and click OK.
- In the Epson Scan Settings window, click Test under the Scanner Status section and see if the EPSON Scan Cannot communicate with the scanner issue has been fixed. If the error still occurs, try Fix 3, below.
Programs that require an input from external sources usually need administrative privileges so as to perform tasks without any interference or security checks. So you can try running Epson Scan with administrative privileges to see if it can fix the problem.
- Right-click on Epson Scan and click Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab, tick the boxes before Run this program in compatibility mode for (Windows 7): and Run this program as an administrator. Then click OK.
- Check to see if the EPSON Scan Cannot communicate with the scanner issue has been solved.
How have the methods above helped you with the troubleshooting? Do you have any ideas or tips to share with us? Drop a comment below and let us know your thoughts.