Find Out What Motherboard You Have Easily!
Quickly identify your motherboard manufacturer and model
If you don’t know how to find out what motherboard you’re using, you’re not alone. Many Windows computer users don’t know how to identify their motherboard. Perhaps you want to know what make and model your motherboard is, so you can update its drivers. But you may not have the time or skills to have a look inside your computer case. You want to do it on your operating system!
The good news is you can! And it’s very easy. The following are a few methods you can use to check your motherboard manufacturer and model.
Try these methods
- Identify your motherboard with Command Prompt
- Identify your motherboard with System Information
- Identify your motherboard with Driver Easy (Recommended)
One way to view your motherboard information is to use a line of command:
1) Click the Start button in the lower left corner of your screen. Then type “cmd” and click Command Prompt/cmd in the list of results.
2) Type wmic baseboard get manufactuerer,product, then press Enter on your keyboard.
3) Check the manufacturer and model (product) of your motherboard displayed right below.
You can also identify your motherboard with the System Information tool:
1) Press the Windows logo key and R on your keyboard at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type “msinfo32” and press Enter on your keyboard.
3) Check your motherboard information by viewing the BaseBoard Manufacturer, BaseBoard Model and BaseBoard Name items. (They show the manufacturer, model, and name of your motherboard respectively.)
This is a recommended method to check the information about your motherboard and other computer components. It’s easier than the methods above and can do more than just viewing your hardware information.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Hardware Info.
3) Click Continue and then Yes.
4) Check your motherboard information in the Motherboard item.
Or, click Motherboard to get the more detailed information.
Driver Easy can also help you update drivers for your motherboard and other components. It will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know what hardware you’re using, you don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, and you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver.
You can download and install your drivers by using either Free or Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes only 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
2) Click the Update button next to each of your devices to download the latest and correct driver for it. You can also click the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer (this requires the Pro version — you will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).