Fix ASMedia USB 3.1 Driver Issue in Windows
If there is any error with your ASMedia USB 3.1 driver, you may probably cannot use your keyboard or mouse. Update ASMedia USB 3.1 driver in your Windows can always fix the issue. In addition, keep drivers up-to-date can make your PC run stably and quickly.
This post will be showing you how to fix your ASMedia USB 3.1 driver issue step by step. Read on.:)
If due to the driver error, you cannot use your keyboard or mouse, boot your Windows into safe mode before the troubleshooting.
Step 1. Uninstall your original ASMedia USB 3.1 driver
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key + R key together to invoke the Run box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc in the box and click OK.
2) On the open window, find your ASMedia USB 3.1 driver.
It’s usually under the Universal Serial Bus controllers catalog. Due to the error, it could be under Other devices dialog.
Right-click on it and click Uninstall device.
Step 2. Download and install the latest ASMedia USB 3.1 driver
You can choose to download the latest driver for your ASMedia USB 3.1 device from your PC manufacturer’s website directly.
If you’re not confident playing around with drivers manually, or if you want to save much more time, you can use Driver Easy to do it automatically.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers. You usb driver is no exception.
3) With Free version: Click the Update button next to a flagged usb driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver.
With Pro version: Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee)
Note: After updating your drivers, please reboot your Windows to make the new driver take effect.