You can check driver status in Device Manager. If there is driver problem with the device, you will see a yellow mark next to the device.
There are 2 ways you can use to update the touchpad driver for your Dell computer running Windows 10.
Way 1: Download and install the driver from Dell
Way 2(Recommended): Update the driver using Driver Easy
How to download and install the driver from Dell
Before you get started, ensure that you know the laptop model and the specific system that you are using (Windows 10 32-bit or Windows 10 64-bit).
1. Open your favourite browser and type “PC model+driver download”. Let’s take Dell Vostro 3460 for example.
2. The Dell driver download link will be listed on top of the result list. Click on it and you will be directed to the driver download page for your PC model.
3. Click “Find it myself” and change the system to the one that your are using.
4. Expand category “Mouse, Keyboard & Input Devices”. You will find Dell Touchpad Driver under this category. It is recommended to download the latest version.
Note Dell may not release Windows 10 drivers for your PC model. In this case, you can download and install Windows 7 driver or Windows 8 driver, which is always compatible with Windows 10.
After download completes, you can install the driver by just double-clicking on the setup file (.exe file) and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Update the driver using Driver Easy
Downloading drivers manually can take forever. And it is possible that you don’t find the right driver version after spending hours on it. To fix Dell touchpad issue in Windows 10 more quickly, you can consider using Driver Easy, which can scan your computer and detect all problem drivers, then give you a list of new drivers. To download the driver, all you need to do is click your mouse 2 times. Click here to download Driver Easy now.
Driver Easy has Free version and Professional version. Both versions can be used to download drivers automatically. But with Professional version, you can even update all drivers with 1 click. No time is wasted. More importantly, you will enjoy Free technical support guarantee and money-back guarantee. You can ask for further assistance regarding your touchpad issue. And you can ask for a full refund for any reason.
1. Click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will scan your computer within 20 seconds then you will get a list of new driver immediately.
2. Click Update All button. Then all drivers will be downloaded in high download speed and installed automatically.