Fix 0xc0000142 Error Easily [with Pictures]
esrv.exe – Application Error is one of the common errors in Windows 10, especially on Windows 10 Creators Update.
esrv.exe – Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.
The most annoying part is, it seems to be stuck with your. You could not do anything to get this notification gone. Even if they shut it down, it would reappear soon.
Luckily, we have found the perfect solution to solve this problem. So, no more worries on your side. Work from the top and fix esrv.exe Application Error by yourself.
esrv.exe file belongs to Sony Cooperation, but this problem is not related to Sony. Instead, it has a lot to do with Intel Driver Update Utility. So, the first suggestion is for you to uninstall it from your system.
1) On your keyboard, press Windows logo key and R at the same time. Type control panel in the search box and hit Enter.
2) View by Category, and then choose Uninstall a program under Programs category.
3) Select Intel Driver Update Utility from the list and click Uninstall button.
4) Click Uninstall to continue.
Then wait for the uninstall to finish.
5) Restart your PC. The problem should be gone now.
PRO TIP: It is smart of you to always keep your device drivers up-to-date.
You can do it by yourself, or use tools like Intel Driver Update Utility. Yet it seems that Intel Driver Update Utility is bringing more problems than help. Why not choose Driver Easy?
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to any flagged driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).