If you’re having some problems with your Windows computer and you’ve received event id 7026 in Event Viewer, you’re not alone. Lots of Windows users are also experiencing this issue. But don’t worry! Many of them have been helped by one of the following methods below.
Try these fixesDriver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. You can download and install your drivers by using either Free or Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes only 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee): 1) Download and install Driver Easy. 2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers. 3) Click the Update button next to each of your devices to download the latest and correct driver for it. You can also click the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer (this requires the Pro version — you will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
3) To back up your registry: i. Click File and then Export.
ii. Choose a location to save this backup copy of your registry.
4) Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\cdrom and double click Start.
5) Change its value data to 3, then click OK.
6) Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Parport and double click Start.
7) Change its value data to 3, then click OK.
8) Restart your computer. Then check to see if your event id 7026 issue is fixed.