Fix: HP LaserJet Pro 400 Driver Issues in Windows
This post will show you how to fix the driver issues for your HP LaserJet Pro 400 printers series in Windows 10/8/7.
There are lots of printers for the HP LaserJet Pro 400 series, including LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425, M401 series and M451 series.
If you find your printer is not working properly, for instance, you see certain error when trying to print, the printer’s status is off, you should update your printer driver to solve these issues. This post introduces three ways to download and update your HP LaserJet Pro 400 driver.
Try these fixes
- Download or update the printer driver manually
- Download or update the printer driver automatically (Recommended)
- Download or update the printer driver in Device Manager
You can download and update your HP LaserJet Pro 400 driver manually from the HP website, which may be time-consuming.
Before getting started, you should make sure to know the printer model and your computer Windows OS information.
1) Go to HP support website, select Printers to continue.
2) In the search box, enter your HP LaserJet Pro 400 printer model.
3) Make sure the Detected operating system. Then click Download.
4) Run the downloaded file, and follow the wizard to finish.
This requires time and computer skills. If this method doesn’t work for you, don’t worry. We have other solutions.
If you don’t have time or patience, you can update your HP LaserJet Pro 400 driver automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it.You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version, it takes just 2 clicks (and you will get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee).
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged printer driver to automatically download the correct version of the driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) After updating, restart your computer to take effect.
This is a rather easy method, isn’t it?! If this method doesn’t work for you, don’t worry. We have another solution for you.
You can also update your HP LaserJet Pro 400 driver via Device Manager. To do so:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo keyand R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
3) In Device Manager, double click Printers or Print queues to expand it.
4) Right click on your printer (it may display as Unknown device), and select Update driver.
5) Choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
6) Then Windows will start to help search the new driver for your computer. Follow the prompted instructions to finish.
7) Restart your computer and see if the driver works properly.
That’s it. Hope you resolve the driver issue with your HP LaserJet Pro 400 printer.