[Solved] iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device
If you’re trying to connect the iTunes to your iPhone on the Windows, and you are seeing this error: iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device, you’re not alone. Many iPhone users are reporting it. But the good news is you can fix it.
How do I fix it?
Here are 7 solutions you can try to fix this problem. You may not have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works.
This error could be cause by the old version of iOS. So please update your iPhone to the latest version.
1) Open your iPhone, tap on Settings > General > Software Update.
2) Tap Download and Install.
3) Enter your passcode, if prompted. Then tap Agree. Go on to tap Agree.
4) Now it will start downloading the latest iOS automatically.
5) Connect the iTunes to your iPhone again to see if it’s successful.
This problem could be also caused by the old version of your iTunes. So update your iTunes app.
1) Run iTunes on your device.
2) Click Help, then Check for Updates.
2) If there is newer version of iTunes, you will be able to download and install it by the on-screen prompts.
Note: If you do have latest iTunes and the error occurs, try to uninstall and reinstall iTunes on your device.
3) Connect the iTunes to your iPhone again to see if it’s successful.
A correct driver enables the successful contact between the iTunes and your iPhone on the Windows. Once the error pops up, update your iPhone driver to make it correct on the Windows:
If you’re not confident playing around driver manually, or if you want to save much time, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct iPhone driver for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged iPhone driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
A wrong network settings on your iPhone could also cause the problem.
To reset the network settings to correct it on your iPhone:
Open your iPhone, tap Settings.
Then go to General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
The iTunes can’t connect to your iPhone could be also due to a broken or incompatible USB cable. Please try a different USB cable or a different USB port to connect the iTunes to your iPhone.
A simple restart can always fix a lot software woes. If none of the above solutions fixes the problem, please reboot your iPhone and your computer. Then connect the iTunes to your iPhone again.
If your iPhone is locked, it may prevent the iTunes from connecting to your iPhone. Please unlock your iPhone with your passcode or Touch ID. Keep it unlocked when your’re connecting the iTunes to it.