PFN_LIST_CORRUPT is one of the very common Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) Error on Windows computer. If you’re experiencing this blue screen error, don’t worry. You can fix it by yourself.
After reading this article, you’ll learn the cause of PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error and how to fix this issue quickly and easily!
Why does PFN_LIST_CORRUPT happen?
The Page Frame Number(PFN) database contains lists that represent the physical memory pages of your Windows system. It’s used for determining the locations of your files in your system. When PFN is corrupted, you computer might not process this itself, then it comes the blue screen error — PFN_LIST_CORRUPT.
Quick fix: Repair Windows OS
If want to identify the cause of this BSOD error and get your computer back to working ASAP, you should perform a quick and thorough PC scan.
Fortect is a powerful tool that specializes in Windows repair and can detect many issues related to hardware or security. It removes damaged system services & files, registry values, and dynamic link libraries, while replacing them with correct and updated Windows files and components. It’s like a fresh reinstallation of Windows, but keeps your programs, user data and settings as they are.
1) Download and install Fortect.
2) Open Fortect and click Yes to run a free scan of your PC.
3) Fortect will scan your computer thoroughly. This may take a few minutes.
4) Once done, you’ll see a detailed report of all the issues on your PC. To fix them automatically, click START REPAIR. This requires you to purchase the full version. But don’t worry. If Fortect doesn’t solve the issue, you can request a refund within 60 days.
Other 3 fixes for the PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSOD:
If you have the time, patience and computer skills, and you’d like to troubleshoot this BSOD issue on your own, here are several fixes you can try:
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error could be probably caused by the related driver software. You can very likely successfully solve this problem by updating your device drivers.
There are two ways you can update your device drivers: manually or automatically.
Manual driver update – You can update your drivers manually by going to the manufacturer’s website for your devices, and searching for the most recent correct driver. Be sure to choose only drivers that are compatible with your variant of Windows versions. In this way, you will need to check the update for your devices one by one.
Automatic driver update – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find all the available correct drivers, and it will download and install them correctly:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to any flagged driver to automatically download and install the correct version of that driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
4) Reboot your Windows and see if the blue screen gone.
NOTE: RAM (Random-access memory) is a form of computer data storage.
We can use Windows Memory Diagnostic tool to check for faculty RAM.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R (at the same time) to invoke the Run box.
2) Type mdsched.exe and click OK.
3) Click Restart now and check for problems.
4) Now the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool screen pops up. You can leave it alone and come back to see the results in a few minutes.
5) Reboot your Windows and see if the blue screen gone.
1) Find and right-click on Command Prompt from the Start menu. Then choose Run as administrator.
Click YES when prompted by User Account Control.
2) Type chkdsk /f in it and press Enter on your keyboard.
3) It will start scanning for hard disk corruption and automatically fix the error.
Hopefully, this article helped you resolve the PFN LIST CORRUPT BSOD issue. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave us a comment below. Thanks for reading!