Fixed: ASMedia USB Host Controller was not found on Asus
Many users reported that The ASMedia USB Host Controller was not found error showed up while they were installing the new ASMedia USB Host Controller driver on their computers, especially those who use Asus PC. This error could really drives you crazy and mad. Happily, we’ve got the answer for you. Go with this post, we will be showing you the easy and quick ways to fix the problem.
If you want to do it quickly and easily, Option 2 is your better choice.
NOTE: Before we go, make sure the driver you downloaded is compatible with your Windows operating system and credible.
1) If the .exe driver file is contained in a zip file, please extract it into a folder first.
2) On your keyboard, press Windows key + R key to open a Run box.
Then enter devmgmt.msc in the box and click OK.
3) On the open window, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers catalog. Then find and right-click on your ASMedia USB controller and select Update driver.
4) Click Browse my computer for driver software on the pop-up window.
5) Click Browse… to choose the driver file your downloaded. Then click Next to begin installing.
Option 2. Install the ASMedia USB Host Controller driver via Driver Easy automatically — RECOMMENDED
Try to solve your driver problems automatically with Driver Easy. It will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged usb driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Note: After installing the new driver, please reboot your computer to make the new driver take effect.