While trying to start or join a party on Xbox One, sometimes you may see “Your network settings are blocking party chat. [0x89231806]” error. You’re not alone. Many Xbox One users are reporting it. But the good news is you can fix it. Here are 5 solutions you can try to fix this problem. You may not have to try them all. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that works. Solution 1: Check the NAT type on your Xbox One Solution 2: Restart the IP Helper service Solution 3: Restart your modem and router Solution 4: Re-connect your Xbox One console Solution 5: Correct your privacy settings and clear persistent storage
3) Click Network.
4) On the open Network settings page, make your NAT Type is set to Open.
If your NAT type is “Moderate” or “Strict”, you will need to continue troubleshooting by trying the next solution. 5) Check if you’re able to start or join a party on your Xbox One.
4) Right-click IP Helper, then click Properties.
5) Make sure Startup type is set to Automatic, then click Apply > OK.
6) Check if you’re able to start or join a party on your Xbox One.
2) When your modem and router turn off, wait for 30 seconds or more. 3) Press the power buttons again to turn your modem and router back on. 4) Check if you’re able to start or join a party on your Xbox One.Press and hold the Xbox button on your console until the console shuts off. 2) After it turns off, unplug its power cable. 3) Keep the cable disconnected for 1 min or more. 4) Plug the power cable back. Then press and hold the Xbox button on your console until it turns on. 5) Check if you’re able to start or join a party on your Xbox One.
4) Click Xbox Live privacy, then View details & customize.
5) You should then see several columns there. Make sure each of them is set to Everybody or Allow.
If you want to get rid of the error, it’s advised to clear persistent storage: 1) Press the Xbox button on your Xbox One controller. 2) Click Settings. 3) Click Disc & Blu-ray, then Blu-ray.
4) Click Persistent storage.
5) Click Clear persistent storage.
6) Check to see if you’re able to start or join a party chat.