Your Firefox browser can’t play videos? You’re not alone! This has happened to a lot of Firefox users. But don’t worry! This issue is still fixable…
Try these fixes
You may not have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Fix 1: Disable hardware acceleration
Sometimes videos can’t play on Firefox if hardware acceleration is enabled. To see if that’s the case for you, you should disable this feature. To do so:
- On your Firefox browser, click the Menu icon, and then click Options.
- In the Performance section, uncheck Use recommended performance settings, then uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available.
Now check to see if you can play your videos on Firefox. Hopefully you can. But if not, don’t worry. There are still other fixes for you to try…
Fix 2: Temporarily disable your browser extensions
It’s possible that one of the Firefox extensions you’re using is causing your video issues. You should try disabling your add-ons temporarily and see if this works for you. Here’s how to do it:
- On your Firefox browser, press the Ctrl, Shift and A keys on your keyboard at the same time.
- Click Extensions.
- Click the Options (…) button on an enabled extension, and select Disable. Then do this to all your enabled extensions.
- Check to see if you can play the videos on Firefox.
- If you can, then enable the disabled extensions one at a time to identify the problem extension.
If this doesn’t work for you, then you should move on to the fix below.
Fix 3: Use a VPN service
You’re probably experiencing a network interruption issue, so the videos won’t play on your Firefox browser. One easy and effective way to fix this is to use a VPN service. And we recommend using NordVPN.
NordVPN is a very easy-to-use VPN service. It helps you set up a fast, stable and secure VPN connection to anywhere. And you can do this with just a few clicks!
To use NordVPN:
- Download and install NordVPN.
- Run NordVPN, then choose a location you want to connect to.
After you’ve set up a VPN connection, try reloading the videos on your Firefox browser and see if they manage to play.
Hopefully one of the fixes above has helped you resolve your problem. If you have any questions or suggestions, you’re more than welcome to leave us a comment below.