If you ever run into the Fortnite not launching problem, don’t worry. It’s often not hard to fix at all…
4 fixes for Fortnite not launching in Windows
Here are 4 fixes that have helped other players resolve the Fortnite not launching issue. You may not have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Updating drivers should always be your go-to option when something goes wrong with your computer or system. Whether you choose to update the device drivers manually, using Windows Update, or you use a trusted third party product, it’s essential that you have the latest correct device drivers for your operating system at all times.
If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
5) Open Fortnite and see if it launches properly. If yes, then congrats! But if it still won’t launch, please move on to Fix 2, below.
Sometimes Fortnite won’t launch because there’re broken or missing files on your system. So you should verify the game files to make sure any corrupt files fixed and missing files installed to see if it fixes the Fortnite not launching issue.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open Epic Games Launcher, click Library. Then click the cog icon in Fortnite.
- Click Verify.
- As soon as the verification is ready, the SETTINGS option will switch to LAUNCH. Click LAUNCH to see if Fortnite opens smoothly.
Another useful trick to get Fortnite launching again is to repair it in the EasyAntiCheat service. Here’s how:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo keyand E at the same time to open File Explorer.
- Type easyanticheat_setup in the search box and wait while Windows works on searching the results. Then double-click on EasyAntiCheat_Setup as soon as it shows up as a result.
- Click Yes once asked to confirm.
- Select Fortnite from the drop-down menu and click Repair Service.
- Click Finish once the uninstall and the install processes finish.
- Re-launch Fortnite and hopefully the Fortnite not launching problem has been solved.
Developers of Epic Games keep releasing patches to help fix game bugs and improve overall gaming experience. So it’s always recommended you install the latest patch and then restart your computer to see if it fixes the Fortnite not launching issue.
If all else fails, then you might want to contact Epic Games Help Center for assistance in further troubleshooting.
How have the methods above helped you with the troubleshooting? Do you have any ideas or tips to share with us? Drop a comment below and let us know your thoughts.