Fortnite Not Launching [Solved]
If you ever run into the Fortnite not launching problem, don’t panic. Here’re 4 easy fixes that have helped other gamers resolved the problem. Read on and check them out…
4 fixes for Fortnite not launching
All the fixes below work in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7. Just work your way down the list until your Fortnite not launching problem has been fixed.
Updating drivers should always be your go-to option when something goes wrong with your computer or system. Whether you choose to update the device drivers manually, using Windows Update, or you use a trusted third party product, it’s essential that you have the latest correct device drivers for your operating system at all times.
To update your drivers with Driver Easy, just click the Scan Now button, then when it lists the drivers you need to update, click Update. The correct drivers will be downloaded, and you can install them – either manually through Windows or all automatically with Driver Easy Pro.
Sometimes Fortnite won’t launch because there’re broken or missing files on your system. So you should verify the game files to make sure any corrupt files fixed and missing files installed to see if it fixes the Fortnite not launching issue.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open Epic Games Launcher, click Library. Then click the cog icon in Fortnite.
- Click Verify.
- As soon as the verification is ready, the SETTINGS option will switch to LAUNCH. Click LAUNCH to see if Fortnite opens smoothly.
Another useful trick to get Fortnite launching again is to repair it in the EasyAntiCheat service. Here’s how:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and E at the same time to open File Explorer.
- Type easyanticheat_setup in the search box and wait while Windows works on searching the results. Then double-click on EasyAntiCheat_Setup as soon as it shows up as a result.
- Click Yes once asked to confirm.
- Select Fortnite from the drop-down menu and click Repair Service.
- Click Finish once the uninstall and the install processes finish.
- Re-launch Fortnite and hopefully the Fortnite not launching problem has been solved.
Developers of Epic Games keep releases patches to help fix game bugs and improve overall gaming experience. So it’s always recommended you install the latest patch and then restart your computer to see if it fixes the Fortnite not launching issue.
If all else fails, then you might want to contact Epic Games Help Center for assistance in further troubleshooting.
How have the methods above helped you with the troubleshooting? Do you have any ideas or tips to share with us? Drop a comment below and let us know your thoughts.