Are you looking to download and install the latest driver for Intel 82579V Network Adapter? If the answer is “yes,” then you’ve come to the right place. Here we’ll show you how to update this driver step by step.
There’re mainly two options for you:
Option 1 – Automatically (Recommended) – This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Option 2 – Manually – You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your driver this way, because you need to find exactly the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 1 – Automatically update the driver
If you don’t have the time, patience, or computer skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy takes care of everything.
You can update drivers both online and offline. According to your actual situation, jump ahead to the section you’re interested in:
- My network connection is not stable but still works at times
- My network connection doesn’t work at all
Network connection is not stable but still works at times
When your computer is connected to the network, you can use Driver Easy to update device drivers in the normal way. Here’s how:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection to automatically download its correct version, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
Network connection doesn’t work at all
Driver Easy allows you to update drivers with a few mouse clicks when it has a network connection. But what if you just can’t get onto the Internet? Don’t worry, the Offline Scan feature of Driver Easy is here for you. Still, you’ll need another PC with Internet access to perform the whole update process.
1) Download Driver Easy in a computer with Internet access. Then save the program in a USB flash drive (or other storage devices, e.g. your Android device) and transfer it to the PC without Internet connection.
2) Install Driver Easy on your computer that has no Internet connection.
3) Run Driver Easy and click Tools in the left pane.
4) Click Offline Scan. On the right panel, select Offline Scan (on the computer without Internet access) and click the Continue button.
5) Click Browse to choose where you want to save your offline scan result. Then click the Offline Scan button.
6) Click OK.
7) Open the folder where you’ve saved the offline scan file. Then save the file in a USB flash drive and transfer it to another computer with Internet access.
8) Download and install Driver Easy on that computer (the one with Internet access).
9) Run Driver Easy and click Tools in the left pane.
10) In the left pane, click Offline Scan. Then on the right panel, select Upload Offline Scan File (on the computer with Internet access) and click the Continue button.
11) Click Browse to locate your offline scan file. Once you find it, double-click on it and then click Continue.
12) Click the Download button next to Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection.
13) Choose where you’d like to save the downloaded driver, and click OK.
Wait for the download process to be complete.
14) Save your downloaded driver file in a USB flash drive and transfer it to your computer that has no Internet access. Then you should install the driver on that computer manually.
To view more details of the install process, please refer to https://www.drivereasy.com/help55/offline-scan/.
15) After the driver has been successfully installed, you should restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Option 2 – Update the driver manually
Intel keeps updating the Ethernet adapter drivers. To get the one you need, you should visit the download center of Intel, find the driver corresponding with your specific flavor of Windows version (for example, Windows 10, 64 bit) and download the driver manually. Here’re the details (network connectivity is required):
1) Find your way to the download center of Intel, or you can click here:
Downloads for Intel® 82579V Gigabit Ethernet PHY
2) After landing on the page, expand Filter by and select the version of your operating system.
3) Click the result that best suits your demand.
4) Under Available Downloads, you can see a number of drivers for different Windows versions. Find the one compatible with your Windows version and click Download.
5) Click I accept the terms in the license agreement.
6) After the file has been downloaded, double-click on it and follow the onscreen instructions to install the driver.
7) Reboot your PC for the changes to be fully implemented even if you’re not asked to.
Now your Intel 82579V driver should have been installed on PC successfully.
Hopefully you found this post useful. If you have any follow-up questions or ideas, please feel free to leave a comment below. Thanks for reading!