This fast-paced game is super fun for those who love the joy of movement. However, you’re not the only one who’s experiencing Ghostrunner Fatal Error. And luckily, it can be fixed easily with the following workarounds.
Try these fixes
Fix 1: Close all background apps
One thing that might cause your Ghostrunner Fatal Error is other conflicting applications, especially your antivirus software and any programs with overlays.
In case those background apps are interfering with your game, you can press Ctrl + Shift + Esc at the same time to open Task Manager and close all background apps.
Note that some antivirus software still works when disabled, so you can temporarily uninstall it or add Ghostrunner to its exception list.
Some third-party apps may be interrupting your Ghostrunner, and Discord in-game is a known issue. To avoid possible game crashes, you can disable Discord in-game overlay.
Fix 2: Update your device drivers
The main reason why Ghostrunner’s fatal error happens is tied to the GPU driver. If your game crashes, won’t launch, or gives you any kinds of errors, be sure to update your graphics card driver and other drivers.
To update a graphics driver, you can either go to the official website of your graphics card manufacturer and download the latest drivers. The latest game-ready drivers are always prepared for your specific games.
Or if you don’t feel like updating the graphics driver over and over again manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Updating your game-ready graphics driver automatically is quite easy. Simply run Driver Easy, and it will recognize your system and find the correct & latest driver for it. Also, you can also update other related drivers such as audio driver, mouse driver, keyboard driver, etc.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to your graphics card to download the latest and correct driver for it, then you can manually install it.
Click the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer (this requires the Pro version, which comes with Full Support and a 30-day Money Back Guarantee. You will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your PC for the changes to take full effect.
Fix 3: Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2013
Especially when you get error codes when starting your game, try installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 (both b84bit and 64bit), which proved to be working for many Ghostrunner gamers. Here’s how to do it:
1) Visit Microsoft Visual C++ downloads center.
2) Scroll down to the download section for Visual Studio 2013, and click Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013.
3) Download the x64.exe in the language you prefer.
4) Scroll down the page and download the x86.exe.
5) Run these two downloaded files and follow the on-screen instructions to install.
6) Once complete, restart your computer for it to take full effect.
Play Ghostrunner again to see if this fatal error reoccurs.
Fix 4: Stop overclocking
Another reason that you get Ghostrunner fatal error is GPU overclocking. If you overclocked your GPU with some software such as Afterburner, we recommend stopping the overclock or suspending these programs including GeForce Experience before you play the game.
If the fix above doesn’t help, you can lock the game’s maximum FPS:
1) Right click your desktop and select Nvidia Control Panel.
2) Navigate to the Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings.
3) Select Ghostrunner and turn on the Max FPS Limit option.
4) Set the value to 30 and it will lock the game’s maximum FPS level.
Start your game again to see if this help you get your game back to work.
Fix 5: Verify game files
Many of the errors happen because of improper installation or corrupted game files. So please make sure you have all the correct game files.
1) Open the Steam Library.
2) You can find the Ghostrunner game there, right-click on the game and click on Properties.
3) Select the Local Files tab, then click on Verify Integrity of game files.
Wait for the process and then restart the game to check whether the Ghostrunner fatal error has been fixed or not.
Fix 6: Lower your graphics settings
Some gamers find decreasing the graphics settings helped fix this fatal error. Go to the graphics settings in the game, turn off anti-aliasing and try to lower other graphics settings.
Did the fixes above helped get your Ghostrunner back to work? Feel free to leave us a comment if you have suggestions or share your experience with other gamers.