How to add HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 to your PC [Step by Step]
Are you preparing to add HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 to your PC but don’t know how to do? Don’t worry! It’s very, very easy! This article will show you how to add a printer to your PC with step-by-step instructions.
Follow these steps
- Connect your printer to your PC
- Install the printer driver for your printer
- Add the printer to your PC
- Print test paper
There are three methods that you can connect your printer to your computer.
- USB connection to your PC
- Wireless (Wi-Fi) connection to your PC (a wireless-capable printer is needed)
- Wired connection to your PC
You can connect your printer with a USB cable.
- Turn on your computer and your printer.
- Use a USB cable to connect the USB port on the rear of your printer and your computer.
If your printer is wireless-capable, you can connect your printer to your network with the guided Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer.
- Turn on your printer, router and computer.
- Remove any USB or Ethernet cables from your printer.
- Make sure your computer is connected to the same wireless network you are connecting the printer to.
- On your printer control panel, go to the Setup, Network, or Wireless menu, and then open Wireless Setup Wizard to follow the on-screen instructions to connect the printer to your network.
You can also connect your printer and your computer to your router with a standard Ethernet cable.
- Turn on your printer.
- Remove any plug from the Ethernet port on the rear of your printer.
Insert your printer driver CD that came with the your printer and run the printer setup application (usually “setup.exe”) to install the driver for your printer.
If you lose your printer driver CD, or if you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to install the printer driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update next to your printer to automatically download the correct version of its driver, then you can install it manually. Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. You get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee).
You can go to Control Penal to check if the printer is added to your PC. Here is how to do it:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog. Type control and press Enter to open Control Panel.
- Click View devices and printers.
- See if your printer appears in the Printers section.
If the printer doesn’t appear in the Printers section, you need to add it to your PC. Here is how to do it:
- Click Hardware and Sound in Control Panel.
- Click Advanced printers setup (in Win 7, it would be Add a printer).
- Select your Printer and click Next.
- Windows will start to install your printer to your PC. This may take several minutes.
- When it is finished, click Devices and Printers.
- Your printer should appear in the Printers section.
Now, you can print test paper to check whether your printer works or not.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog, then type control and press Enter on your keyboard to open the Control Panel.
- Click Devices and Printers to view your printer.
- Right-click your printer and select Printer Properties.
- In the pop-up window, click Printer Test Page.
If a test paper is printed, congratulations! You’ve set up your printer.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave your comment below.