How to Connect Canon Printer to Wifi Easily
Trying to hook up your Canon printer to your Wifi network? Or, you’ve already spent hours searching all over the Internet for a quick and easy setup? Look no further, this is just the guide for you, check it out! 😉
Setting up your Canon printer to your Wifi network includes Part 1 and Part 2. But if your Canon printer acts weird, you can check Part 3 to address the problem.
- Connect my Canon printer to my Wifi
- Add the wireless printer to computer
- What to do if my Canon printer acts weird
Connecting your Canon printer to your Wifi should be as easy as pie once you follow these steps:
1) Press the power button to turn on your printer.
2) Press the Settings button . Then press the arrrow button and once you go to Device settings, press OK .
3) Press the arrrow button until you see LAN Settings, press OK.
4) Press the arrrow button until you go to wireless LAN setup, press OK.
The printer will start searching for Wifi network, in the meanwhile, the light will be blinking.
5) If the searching process takes too long, you can press Stop, and it’ll go to wireless LAN setup, standard setup. Press OK.
6) Press the arrrow button until you find your Wifi network, and then press OK.
7) Enter your password for the Wifi (Enter passphrase) and press OK.
8) Press OK again once the screen says Connected.
After connecting our Canon printer to Wifi, we might need to add it to our computer to get it to work. Here’s how:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time. Then copy & paste control /name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters into the box and click OK.
2) Click Add a printer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Now you’ve completed the connecting your printer to your Wifi network. Try printing a test page and it should work. 😉
If your Canon printer acts a bit weird, say:
- error notifications pop up randomly
- it won’t even print at all, etc.
chances are you have the outdated/corrupted/faulty/missing printer driver. You can use Driver Easy to update your printer driver before the situations gets worse.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) You can upgrade to the Pro version and click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
Or you can click Update to do it for free, but it’s partly manual.