How to Check NVIDIA Driver Version Easily
NVIDIA keeps releasing updates for NVIDIA drivers, with the purpose of fixing bugs and improving performance. This post shows you how to check NVIDIA driver version quickly and easily.
Try these methods
Here are the methods to check driver version for NVIDIA graphics cards.
- Check NVIDIA driver version in Device Manager
- Check NVIDIA driver version in NVIDIA Control Panel
- Bonus Tip
Device Manager allows you to view and manage the hardware devices and driver software information in your computer, so you can check the driver version for your NVIDIA graphics card here.
To do so:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- In Device Manager, double click Display adapters to expand it. Then double click on your NVIDIA graphics card to open the properties pane.
- Click the Driver tab, and you can see the Driver Version here, and also other information like Driver Provider, Driver Date.
Note: the Driver Version number is the full version number.
If this method doesn’t work for you, don’t worry. There are other solutions to try.
Generally speaking, if you’re using the NVIDIA video cards, NVIDIA Control Panel will be installed in your computer, which is an application that manages features of NVIDIA drivers.
In addition, you can go to Nvidia website to detect your graphics card and driver here.
Here’s how to do it:
- Right click any empty area on your desktop screen, and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Click System Information to open the driver information.
- There you can see the Driver version in the Details section.
Note: the Driver version number comes from the driver installation package in NVIDIA website, and it usually shows the last five number of the driver version full number.
A missing or outdated device driver can bring various problems to your computer, so updating device drivers should be an always go-to option to prevent your computer from further issues.
You can update your drivers manually or automatically. The manual process is time consuming, technical and risky, so we won’t cover it here. Nor do we recommend it unless you have excellent computer knowledge.
Updating your drivers automatically, on the other hand, is very easy. Simply install and run Driver Easy, and it will automatically find all the devices on your PC that need new drivers, and install them for you. Here’s how to use it.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will now scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- If you have the Free version of Driver Easy, click the Update button next to a flagged driver to automatically download the correct driver, then install it in your computer.
But if you have the Pro version you can click Update All to automatically download and install all missing or outdated drivers.
(If you click the Update All button in the Free version you’ll be asked if you want to upgrade to the Pro version.)
INFORMATION: You can also check the current driver for your driver by clicking the device name.
There you have it – the easy methods to check NVIDIA driver version in your Windows computer. If you have any question, feel free to leave a comment below and let us know.