It’s a weekday and you open your computer to finish the work, but your 3Dconnexion mouse is not working.
You check the device: you’ve turned it on; it has power; the USB port is working. What else can you do? You feel annoyed. Don’t worry, you are not alone. The problem might be caused by the missing driver or outdated driver.
What is Driver?
Drivers are software components that make devices and the operating system talk to each other. Both system and device are updating to catch up with the changing world, so is drivers. If the operating system changes the way it speaks to devices and drivers haven’t updated, devices can’t receive correct commands and cause problems.
That’s why most of the problems can be solved by installing/updating drivers. There are two ways for you. You don’t need to try both, choose the one that works for you.
Method 1: Download and Install 3Dconnexion Driver (Manually)
1) Download the latest driver from the 3Dconnexion website.
2) Run the driver you download.
3) Follow the instructions to install the driver.
4) Open your device and pair the computer.
Method 2: Update 3Dconnexion Driver (Automatically)
If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
2) Run Driver Easy, then click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Note: You can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
Hope this article will meet your need. If you have any question, please leave comments below, we’ll try our best to help.