How to Download and Update AMD Video Drivers Easily
Having an issue with your AMD video card? Don’t worry. You can update your AMD video driver to the latest version to fix any graphics issues, and bring you the best possible experience, especially when playing PC games.
This post will show you three methods to download and update AMD graphics card driver quickly and easily.
Download and Update AMD video driver for Windows 10/8/7
- Download your AMD video driver manually
- Update your AMD video driver automatically
- Update your AMD video driver in Device Manager
As one of the biggest manufacturers of graphics cards, you can download the latest version of your AMD graphics driver from the AMD website:
1) Go to AMD support and download center.
2) You’ll see two entrances: Automatically Detect and Install Your Driver, and Manually Select Your Driver.
If the website automatically detects your AMD video card, you can click DOWNLOAD NOW to download the driver.
Or you can identify your AMD graphics hardware by selecting your video card model and Windows system to download.
3) Select the latest driver that is matched with your system to download.
4) After download the latest version for your AMD video card, install the driver in your computer.
5) Restart your computer.
Manually downloading drivers requires time and computer skills. If this method doesn’t work for you, you can try other solutions.
If you don’t have time or patience, you can automatically update your AMD video drivers with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version, it takes just 2 clicks (and you will get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee).
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged graphics card device to automatically download the correct version of the driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Then install the driver in your computer.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer to make it take effect.
You can also update the driver for your AMD video card in Device Manager, where you can view and manage hardware settings and driver software installed on your computer. Here’s how to do it:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo keyand R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
3) Double click Display adapters to expand it.
4) Right click on your AMD video card device, and select Update driver.
5) If you have the AMD video driver in a DVD or CD delivered with your graphics card, you can choose Browse my computer for driver software, then insert the DVD into your computer.
If you don’t have the AMD video driver stored in the DVD media, you can choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
6) Follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
7) After installing the driver, restart your computer.
Now you should have the latest version for your AMD video card driver.
There you have it – three easy methods to download and update your AMD video driver in your computer.
Feel free to add a comment below if you have any questions.