Editing a PDF can be as easily as you edit a Word document, as long as you have the right tool! If you don’t know how to edit a PDF, don’t worry! In this post, we’re showing you three methods for editing a PDF. After reading this post, you should be able to do it on your own quickly and easily!
What is PDF?
PDF, short for Portable Document Format, is a type of digital document
introduced by Adobe in 1990s that present documents in a way that is independent of the application, operating system and hardware.
A PDF was supposed to be a virtual printout. What you see on the screen when you open a PDF document on your computer is exactly the same as you print it out.
If you often work with PDF documents, you may have already noticed that it seems so hard to edit a PDF document. However, it is not impossible. With the right tool, you can edit it easily and efficiently!
Try these methods
Method 1: Editing PDFs with MS Word
Many people use MS Word to “create” PDF documents. Strictly speaking, they create their content in Word, then save the Word document as .pdf file type. So it is not surprising that Word can be used to edit PDF documents.
To edit a PDF with MS Word:
1. Right-click on the PDF document you want to edit, then select Open with > Word.
2. Click OK when you see the following message.
3. Select a block to start editing. To correct an error in the text, simply click that text block and starting typing.
4. You can also add or delete any objects on the PDF document just like you edit a Word document.
5. When you finish editing, on your keyboard, press Ctrl and S at the same time to invoke the Save As window. Click the downward arrow next to Save as type: , then select PDF(*.pdf).
6. Click the Save button to save the changes you’ve made.
Method 2: Editing PDFs with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
If the origin PDF document contains lots of graphics, editing it with MS Word may be painful. If you regularly view and edit PDFs, it’s highly recommended that you try Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is a powerful PDF editor that allows you to edit texts and images right in your PDF document. With Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, you can also create PDFs and export them to MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
To edit a PDF with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC:
1. Click here and follow the on-screen instructions to sign up your Adobe ID. Once you sign in, you can start downloading Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
2. Install and run the application.
3. Go to File > Open… to locate the PDF document you want to edit.
4. Double-click the PDF document to open it in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
5. Click Edit PDF on the right panel. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC will automatically recognize different text / image blocks.
6. Click on any text / image block to start editing. On the right panel, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC provides you with lots of tools to modify the texts and images.
7. When you finish editing, click File > Save to save the changes you’ve made.
Method 3: Editing PDFs with PDFelement
Although Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is the ultimate PDF editor, its price might frustrate many people. If you currently couldn’t afford such a high price, we recommend you PDFelement.
PDFelement is a user-friendly PDF tool that can maximize your document productivity with a better alternative to Adobe Acrobat. It has a much smaller installation package than Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, but it still provides powerful features that allow you to edit, convert, annotate, sign and fill PDFs like never before. When it comes to the price, PDFelement is also much friendlier.
To edit a PDF with PDFelement:
1. Download and install PDFelement.
2. Run PDFelement. Click Edit PDF.
3. Locate the PDF document you want to edit. Double-click on it to open it in PDFelement.
4. Click Edit on the upper-left corner. PDFelement will automatically recognize different text / image block.
5. Click any text / image block to start editing. With PDFelement, you can add, delete, cut, copy, paste and edit texts, images and other objects in your PDF document just like you edit documents in Word.
6. When you finish editing, click File > Save to save the changes you made.
That’s it! It’s pretty easy, isn’t it? If you have any suggestions or questions on how to edit a PDF, please do not hesitate to leave your comment below.